cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pauline

Chantix users, I have questions

I just joined up a few hours ago, and this place seems to be pretty cool!
Is anyone else using Chantix and their program? I started their program and I liked it, but they have cut out the every day web visits to once a week - I know I need more help than just that.
Any one else feel the same way?
Since I am in the middle of the beginning of my quit stuff I am not sure where I fit in with the EX program.
Any advise please?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
pauline

Hi Sandee,
Thank you so very much for the information and for the warm welcome! I will look for the Chantix-ers for sure and join.
Congratulations on your smoke free time so far, that is wonderful!
I have not had a smoke for 4 days! that is the longest for me ever.
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
donna22

Hi Pauline, I am using Chantix, to tell you the truth I pretty much got my support right here, the Chantix site was fine and I knew I could call them if I needed to and still can...I had been taking Chantix for 7 days when I found this site and I quit on the 8th day...it has been a true godsend to me...the support of the wonderful people here is amazing...

I will be here to help you any way I can, good luck to you, I think you will find you've come to the right place
0 Kudos
bill-v_

Hi Pauline....and welcome to the show! You are at the point where you're starting to be "self stronger", meaning that you should realize that you are the one making it easy or hard on yourself. I can fast forward you to the end and tell you that you don't need the sites or support, but you'll come to that all on your own. To be honest, I didn't get a whole lot out of the website (Chantix), but did enjoy Quitnet.com and this site. You will make it! I'm at 215 or so days (I've kinda lost count), and I can honestly say there is no danger of my going back. I did the 12 week program, but took my last weeks' worth of pills and cut them in half, taking half in the morning and half at night. Had no cravings at all. Period. Best of luck to you, and I'm sure you'll be another success story!

Bill V.
0 Kudos
pauline

Hi Bill,
Thank you so much for your support! It means so much to me, it truly does!
I was actually thrilled when I opened my first box of Chantix and found the card with the web site info, and I quickly signed up! There was no info. in the beginning that they would be breaking off to 1 week at a time after a while. I try to stay away from the phone, that is one of the huge triggers for me. I saw the commercial for EX site several times, and I decided to check it out today, and I have been on here for several hours reading so much great information and meeting so many wonderful people.
I have smoked for 34 years, this is the first time I feel that I can really do it.
You say you were on a 12 week program? My doctor gave me 6 months script (I am on my 3rd month) and he recomends that I stay on for at least 1 year.
Congratulations on your quit! You are giving me real hope!
Well, I am learning so much.
Thank you again, will be seeing ya!
0 Kudos
pauline

Thank you Donna, your input and support means so much to me too! I can't get on the phone and chat with them because the phone is a bad one for me.
I have been on Chantix for 3 months (it does not seem like it) and I just slowed way WAY down on smoking, and now have not had a cig for 4 days now. The urges are there, but not that bad. When I am in my car I found a "click pen" and hold that and click it while I am driving, or hold a bottle of frozen water.
Thank you so much again, and I DO SEE that I came to the right place for sure!
0 Kudos
bill-v_

I have heard that some Dr.s will prescribe for a year...I only stopped because I felt like I didn't need it any longer. I've had friends on for 6 months...do whatever works and feels right for you. EVERYTHING qualified as a "trigger" for me! I was a 35 year smoker, so yes, we're in the same boat. For me, I just had to break the automatic smokes. Be proud of the 3 months you have under your belt. They'll be the hardest you'll have!

Bill V.
0 Kudos
selina

I have been on Chantix for 3 weeks, One of which as of today is ONE FULL WEEK TOBACCO FREE!!!! It doesn't matter where you are in this process the fact that you are here, says a lot. I found this place likek 2 days ago, and I love it. You get the moral support and encouragment with out any judgements. You can quit, and you can become a quitter. Hang in there and fight the good fight. Welcome to becoming and ex.
Selina
0 Kudos
christine2007

Well, it's a good thing you're on EX. I quit using Chantix almost one year ago. This site is more interactive than the Chantix site... but Chantis does have a free 866 number for live support... so please write that number down the next time you're on their Get Quit website.

All you have to do is notify your support friends on EX and they'll rally around to help you with a lot of ideas and suggestions. Stay in the moment! Follow your prescription information and you will be LOVING how great this is going to work for you.

Good luck
Christine89
0 Kudos