cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susan68

Chantix side-effects, or not?

I'm still taking chantix and still smoke free. As far as dreams go,I rareley would dream untill I started taking chantix,now i dream every night- No really bad dreams and I can go right back into them if i wake up and go back to sleep. I can say that most of them are strange though. I notice that if I take the evening pill around 5p.m.- the dreams are easy but if I take the evening pill closer to bed time-the dreams are more intense and much more vivid. When i first starting taking chantix I did experience some side effects that almost changed my mind about taking it all together. I experienced some paranoia and I had a few suicidal thoughts. That was about the first few weeks.I figured that i was experiencing side effects from the chantix because I'v always believed that suicide was a permanant solution to a temporary problem. Now the only thing I'v notice is that when I get really mad or upset,my nose bleeds. Anybody else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
31 Replies
shesalonewolf

Hi Val,

I get the upset stomach too~ and definately have to eat something when I take them~ I have found that about half a bottle of ensure works well for me....so from what EVi said too, it doesnt have to be a big meal to lessen the nauseau.....( thank goodness!! ) Its most definately worth taking it in my book !
0 Kudos
bill-v_

Please everyone....quitting an addictive substance and the enabling mental process and triggers are by far more to blame for some of these issues than Chantix. I won't claim Chantix is right for all...no drug ever is. I have a problem with people blaming everything under the sun on this drug. It sure worked for me.

Bill V.
4 months quit
0 Kudos