cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

Chantix issues

I stopped chantix a few days ago for unpleasant nightmares. (I had already decreased to 1/day) 

HOWEVER, my urges to smoke are lighting up like crazy. 

Has anyone gone through rough issues with chantix? Is there a way to continue taking it and combatting the bad thoughts/nightmares?!  I'm wondering if taking it in the morning would help? 

Or should I just throw in the towel completely (on the chantix) 

Any advice appreciated! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
anaussiemom

Absolutely!  Lisaml
I just explain earlier in this thread.  My brother in law quit with Chantix.   I also stated on my thread my sister quit from the patch!   WHATEVER WORKS WORKS! 

Many Blessings
Kim

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I would trust the patch over a drug simply because I am Leary of all drugs and I figured my body was already used to nicotine .

Just my opinion here .....I would quit the chantix and begin using the patch . If you have already quit smoking for days you may want to skip the 21 mg and begin on step 2 ...14 mg .

What ever you decide to do you must make a commitment to NOPE & SINAO !

Lisaml

I've been "ok" taking the chantix before 2 pm - and adding a Benadryl at night. I'm afraid Day 33 is too late to start a patch... 

I'm Leary of medicine too. This chantix (and Benadryl) is my only daily medicine and I can't wait to come off it!  Counting the days;-) 

anaussiemom

I have, also tried Chantix twice. 
Alas, I had a reaction, right away both times.   I didnt realize it was the Chantix.  I have used the patch, Hypnosis (helpful)  Acupuncture ( very helpful)  for ME!     Im allergic, to so many things on the market these day.  I think it may be fillers used.   IDK.  Nothing against using Chantix.   Just my  experiences that have been mentioned, and My Bro In Law's, experience.  He thought it was great,'  I beg to differ with him.   He succeeded all that matters!!  <3.  Kudos to him!!

I think whatever works works. 
I think the best knowledge I have gotten from sites is this;  I'm a drug addict.!! 
The drug,  speaks whatever necessary to use it, for as long as it can. 
I feel that my connection to it is Emotional for the most part for me. Sad reality, of any drug.
I am a NOPE  Period!

That is all Good Night. 

0 Kudos
minihorses

Whatever medicine or NRT helps, do it!  I couldn't do patches for 2 reasons, They never stayed on so I had to put on waterproof first aid tape around the edges and no matter where I put them they burned my skin.  I changed sites every day but it didn't matter. I still had the awful deep  red square burns that were only under where the patch was, not where the tape was.  I was looking either like I had a drunken cow farmer trying to get his livestock branded in the correct spot or a patchwork quilt.  Thank God for chanitx for me.

Jullie

Flojoe77

Lol

0 Kudos
Flojoe77

What is NRT?

0 Kudos
minihorses

nicotine replacement therapy: patch, gum, etc.

shashort

Haha minihorses  love your description of the patches. I couldn't use them either for that reson as well. Yep I say thank God to Chantix too, although I couldn't stay on them but 3 weeks, the naseua got the best of me. But it got me through the rough 2 weeks.