cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TexasKiki

Chantix is waiting for me to pick up from the pharmacy

The medicine is there...waiting and I am a nervous wreck about going to pick it up.

About ten years ago I started Chantix, quit smoking quickly, but quit taking the Chantix too soon and picked the cigarettes back up.

I really want it to work for me this time but I'm nervous about starting it.

Anyone else have trouble actually starting the med?

18 Replies
TexasKiki

Thank you Nancy... I've read a few of the mentioned sites above already.

I've made the decision that I am quitting.

I'm just trying to psych myself up to start taking the medicine.

beazel

I know it's scary, but you can do this!!!!!

Please stick around, read, read & read some more - the education you will get here about this horrible addiction is a huge tool in helping you achieve your sticky quit. We all understand, so post often - it really helps!

Come on.....one day at a time......

TexasKiki

Such a warm welcome beazel‌ thank you!

Sootie

Just keep telling yourself this is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself and for the ones who love you. You CAN do this...don't be scared. We all did and we are no different from you. 

Welcome to EX...we are all here for each other.

Stay Strong.

TexasKiki

Thanks Sootie‌ I plan on saying  I am cigarette free soon.

Swanbird

Try it!  It’s not going to kill you like cigarettes will.  It’s not as bad as people say it really helps so just try you can always stop.  I cut each pill in half and did it that way.  Worked great everyone is different but don’t be scared to try it.  I never had to take more than one pill a day it really saved me!

KellanC74

I took Chantix for over six months. Do not be afraid, talk to your providers and tell them how you are doing, I did feel nauseous when taking it. I ate first then took it   

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.   With any medication there can be side effects.  I took it once, but it bothered my stomach too much, so I stopped.  Follow the directions-you do continue smoking for a period of time after you begin the Chantix.  It is an aid, so you still need to do the work.   Don't be nervous--you only have to quit for one day at a time.    Looking forward to celebrating your quit.

Barb

Giulia

I made no comment about the good or bad aspects of vaping.