cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rallymike

Chantix experience

I am on week four of Chantix. Quit date was last Thursday, Nov 29 at about 9-10pm CST; four full days into quit. I think the Chantix is making me very hyper and anxious. Anyone have any experience with Chantix? I am thinking of not taking the Chantix tomorrow to see if I calm down. Is this a bad idea?

5 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I would seek advice from the doctor before making a drastic switch in the Rx.  Deep breathing is a sure way to calm down.  The best part you can take breathing everywhere you go. 

rallymike

yes, I agree with you. I will call the doc. Tonight I am so much better.

Writing on this website really helped me. I am doing ten deep breaths to

help with the cravings and urges.

Thanks for your reply!

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 12:12 PM JACKIE1-25-15 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

maryfreecig

Good to hear from you that you felt better after posting on Ex. Support from quitters is so important. Congratulations on your quit!

0 Kudos
rallymike

Thanks!!!

Michael Relihan

elvan

This site is amazing and you may get more than one response but we are really all on the same page.  We want you to be successful and we want you to know that we understand how challenging it can be...we all had to start at the beginning and we all had to do this one day at a time and sometimes, one experience or feeling at a time. You should definitely get doc's advice before playing with dose of chantix.  I never took it so I cannot tell you from experience but lots of people here HAVE taken it and have done well.

Best,

Ellen