cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gma_Bernie

Changing Seasons

This will be my first spraying as a non-smoker. We had one nice day and it was Saturday. I completely fell apart and sobbed and sobbed. I missed smoking on my front porch when it was nice outside. It did not seem so hard to quit in the winter time, but now it's been three and a half months and the change of weather is bringing back all kinds of memories and I am falling into a deep depression. Help!

31 Replies
Barbscloud

As a newbie, it's nice to know that others have the same thoughts and fears.  It's hard not to think about doing things in the future without a cigarette.  It's actually kind of scary.  Sitting on the deck/porch smoking when the weather is beautiful  is something I always enjoyed. doing.  And with it snowing today, it would have been something I would be looking forward to doing.  

0 Kudos

Dale- while your poetic images fill books of poetry.   (I hope I wasn’ rude,wasn’t my intention).  You may see Humor in what those images meant to me.  I married a rancher/farmer.   So Leaf- meant I had to work harder and faster.  Cram other chores into morning so afternoon was spent raking until just before dark,which comes earlier. Preparing for winter,survival of our livestock-that paid the bills.  Snowflake-for me was surviving even more physical pain until Summer came again.  I’d throw a party for last Flake of the year.  The last 2 winters I haven’t been up north and have done much better.   Spring for many yrs  had me in the unheated barns.   Midwife to sheep and lambs.  Calfing out Hiefers.   Spending alot of anniversaries in barns with new babies.  I did those things until I couldn’t do them anymore.  The only season I always embraced was Summer.   Plenty of work there too.   I raised a huge veggie garden,canned and froze.  Until I couldn’t and our son was old enough to take my place.    I mowed down all the hay while rest of them raked it,  stacked and baled it.  

I did read all the links you posted.   I think I understand now.   I will go and find the entire book to read.   I thought after that long 4 day trip north was over.    So was the worst of it.   NML is here and brought plenty of problems and triggers with it. I am holding my own,a day at a time.  For 1st time ever.    I am grateful I live 10 m from town!!!!!  I absolutely do not keep tobacco on the place.   I learned that lesson in the past.   I spend as much time as I can everyday at the site.   

Appreciate all you do for other Quitters.   

Since I smoked my entire adult life.    I really don’t remember what it was like as a no smoker when a kid.   This is all new turf for me.    It’s Scary!  Prairie 44 dof

0 Kudos