cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dawn28

Central Texas???

Hi All,
I am new to this and have just started the tracking process of the plan. I was wondering if there is anyone in the central Texas area, Austin, Georgetown, Round Rock area?

I am slowly working my way to a quit date.

Dawn
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
austin3050

Hi Dawn. I'm in Austin. Congrats on getting the quit process started. I am new to this site and am trying to stay quit. I've gone from a pack-a-day habit to being a total non-smoker and am now back to 4-6 a day. It is sooo true when they say you can't have just one. Good luck with the process. You are on the right track and it will be so worth it.
0 Kudos
dawn28

I am really excited about it, but nervous at the same time. My husband and I live in Round Rock. Best of luck to you in conquering the habit! That, I believe is going to be the toughest. I can go hours without a cigarette if I have to, but it is the habit part of it that I struggle with.
0 Kudos
amanda51

Hi Dawn,
I'm in Austin. I got on here to stay quit I didn't start using the program from the beginning, but the support from others on here is awesome. Keep up the good work. I'm on day 5 woo whoo!!
0 Kudos
dawn28

Thanks Amanda! It has been a whirlwind week for me and I haven't had time to do much of anything. I am hoping things calm down some so I can start over again. I totally lost track of everything!
0 Kudos
barrett

Hey,
I'm from Austin and likewise, I'm getting to a quit date...slowly. My best advice is don't quit when it gets tough. That is why I personally have failed to quit smoking so many times. Keep on keeping on and holler at me if you need anything...
~Barrett
0 Kudos
dawn28

Barret,
Thanks! When my in-laws came I totally lost track of everything. I don't think I smoked more just because there was no time, but I did not keep track of them like I originally started. We have had so much stuff going on beside the in-laws coming for a visit.

So, slowly I move forward waiting until I feel comfortable setting a quit date.
0 Kudos
renee3

Hi Im Renee I live in North east Houston about 4 hours away But wanted to welcome you . and to say YOu can do it!!!
0 Kudos
dawn28

Thanks Renee! Right now I am not doing to well, but I really want to kick this habit out of my life.
0 Kudos