cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brittann3

Calling any Newbies

Are there any new, or fairly new, quitters that have joined? Maybe even someone who is checking things out and considering quitting?

Tags (1)
40 Replies
fentresssa

Thank you.  I will be sure to check it out

fentresssa

Congratulations on setting a quit date!

liberty4422

Thank you

Giulia

Feb. 3rd oh boy!  Support is what made THE difference in my quit.  Signing up early was a bright idea.  We're all trying to learn how to navigate this new platform.  Once we do there will be a lot more support available.  Cheers and Welcome!

liberty4422

I wanted to have extra support. So when I found this I knew to sign up and start working towards quitting. Thank you

brittann3

Feb 3.. alright just a few more days! Are you quitting cold turkey or with NRT? Are you excited? Or just nervous? Have you read up on what to expect the first several days? I used the patch and was very unsure at the start of my quit.

This community really did make all the difference.

0 Kudos
liberty4422

I have slowly started cutting back, working towards cold turkey. I've tried NET before but ended up going back to smoking. I'm excited and looking forward to it. I have looked it up and know what to expect. And honestly can't wait, but want to do it slowly so I Dont shock my system. I think this community will help alot. I tried in the past with just a little support. So I know the more support I have the easier it will be to stick to it. And having other ex smokers to turn to that will understand when I struggle and how to help me through it.

ShawnP

I tried to cut back before. I used to mark envelopes and would put so many in there each day. It didn't work in the end. I got to the point where i started borrowing from the other envelopes I went cold turkey in the end when i found this site.We used to have a cigarette tracker on site. Since we have moved to this new platform, i am not sure we have it. Mark‌. Well anyway, it is good when you light up to know to become more aware of why you are taking that puff. I started to realize my triggers this way. You will find so much info on this site and ask any questions that you need to.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes you can still track cigarettes on the My Quit Smoking Plan | A Program To Help You Stop Smoking: BecomeAnEX  website.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
ShawnP

Welcome fentresssa‌ and liberty4422‌ to Ex! Here is an old blog of mine that has some helpful links for quitting.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/1944-foundation-for-a-successful-quit.