cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roj

COPD Essential oils?

Any copd sufferers out there use essential oils and do they work? Really miss my candles and wax melts but Pulmonologist said they were a no no....then saw in a healthline letter that essential oils are ok and can help with inflammation?

10 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Roj I use essential oils in a diffuser ... for nice smells... I have never tried for healing anything other than peppermint for migraines (read that works) nope it did nothing...infact, I can’t even use when I feel one of my headaches coming on...I love some of the smells in the house especially this time of year....I have an orange one I love ... it makes me feel Fall in my house...they are fun to try and play with....

YoungAtHeart

I found this:  5 Essential Oils That Can Help with COPD | Lung Institute 

Can't hurt; might help?  No harm that I can see in trying.

I have an absolute reaction to eucalyptus - almost as bad as charcoal and wood burners. We're all different!

Roj

Thanks Thomas, I seem to be surprisingly sensitive to smells but sure miss my candles so got excited when a copd newsletter mentioned the use of essential oils...will take a sniff of my sister in laws and see what happens

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

That's one of my favorite smells. Funny how we all differ like that.

Donna

Day 324

indingrl

Fyi - please ask YOUR PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR  -please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you  - best to ask YOUR PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR - ty- hate to read that YOU took a SUGGESTION from anyone here - WHO IS NOT -  a PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR - then you have a allergic reaction -  unknown to YOU and BAM - NIGHTMARE -- news reported using limes and BAM some people used limes and went out into sun and BAM severe skin burns 3rd degree from lime juice on their skin -  just sharing news report  - YOU NEVER KNOW  - allergies JUST happen sometimes - take heed - WE are RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICTS - gentle hug

constanceclum

I am looking for cineole tablets which is the main ingredient in eucolyptus oil. It has the same effect as our inhalers-bronchodilator, andti inflammatory And studies have shown that the people who took those had less copd flare-ups. I have had no luck finding tablets or capsules.

Connie

maryfreecig

I'd keep researching Roz. And if you try and it doesn't help, then you know! 

redluvr