cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SoosannahK

Bought Me A Diffuser

So on my trip to Hellmart today, I decided to buy some essential oils and a diffuser. I think I am more overjoyed with the diffuser than the smelly coming out of it. Bluetooth speaker and some cool color change lights, what's not to love? (Evidently I am easily amused) I swore I wouldn't mess with my Quit Day goodies until tomorrow, but I couldn't resist. I got a combo pack of already premixed oils like calming, energy, sleep type of stuff. I have no experience in essential oils other than a girl at work trying to get me to sign up for some very expensive crap that I would not be willing to throw money at well because my family prefers to eat. She's a little off-putting so I quashed the idea of essential oils. She is one of those people I will have to tell to go do bad things to herself but in not so many words, then I will get fired and it will be sad. Thankfully she is not working this coming weekend. I got a little sidetracked. I get squirrel brain sometimes. 

I will try out my little $20 totally awesome bluetooth speaker Walmart diffuser and the cheapish oils I got. Got some smelly and jams coming out of it now. Rather pleasant. 

Anywho, is anyone else using essential oils? What is your favorite? Which have helped you on your journey?

Thanks, 

Susan

12 Replies
Barbscloud

This is from the Mayo Clinic: 

However, some studies have shown that aromatherapy might have health benefits, including:

• Relief from anxiety and depression
  • Improved quality of life, particularly for people with chronic health conditions
  • Improved sleep

Smaller studies suggest that aromatherapy with lavender oil may help:

• Reduce pain for people with osteoarthritis of the knee
  • Improve quality of life for people with dementia
  • Reduce pain for people with kidney stones
shadow36

I have just gotten into essential oils and purchased from Amazon a starter kit of 14 oils. It came with a great little booklet on mixtures and purpose for each. Still experimenting to find my favorite. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Never used them but my daughter in law swears by them and has a little diffuser running all the time...it does not have blue tooth and lights, hahaha.  I think aromatherapy can probably be really helpful.  Your sense of smell is going to get stronger with each day of freedom.

I love the squirrel brain...been there..still go there, come to think of it, I went there when I was smoking too.  Glad you are here, humor is an amazing tool.

Ellen

0 Kudos