cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jim_taddeo

Book Lovers

Leechdoms, Wortcunning, and Starcraft of Early England: A Collection of Documents, For the most part never before printed, Illustrating the History of ... in this Country before the Norman Conquest (Hardcover)
  If you ever see this one laying on the table at a yard-sale or Flea Market GRAB IT! 🙂
  Also Old Norse texts, Old English texts, Old Icelandic, Old Norse, Old English, lexicons, dictionaries, prose and Skaldic poetry, The Saga's are of great interest also along with texts of English, Icelandic, Norse and Germanic folk lore......... 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
72 Replies
jennie3

I've started Marley and me,but I've been having a hard time getting into it,that might be me though I've been working alot.
  I read all genres fictions are my fave,authors well we could be here all night lol.
0 Kudos
mmerose

Hi, fellow book nerds! I am a new quitter and a long time book addict. I just finished Grave Goods by Ariana Franklin, started White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison and I'm listening to Drood by Dan Simmons.
0 Kudos
beth22

You can tell me what you think of the "Marley and Me" when you finish Jennie....I just don't think I can read the book or watch the movie. Someone said it was sad and I HATE sad animals stuff. ha
0 Kudos
kellie_a

Ooh, Beth! "The Heretic's Daughter sounds really good!

That one sounds like something I would love too, Sandi! The books about putting skulls back together. I like stuff like that too. Kind of like scientific research, crime type stuff. I am getting ALL kinds of interesting stuff to read. YAY! 🙂

Jennie, I know you are a book nerd too! lol Feel free to share anyway if you have the time. 🙂

Beth, would you recommend the "White Witch, Black Curse" book?
0 Kudos
sandi8

Kelli what also is good is james pattersons books with dective alex cross they go through alot of stuff and the books intertwine so you really have to get the first one. Which i can't seem to find a friend must have it

I was wrong about Lincoln Rymes that was written by Jeffery deaver his books are great too
0 Kudos
melissa2

well here's one for you...anyone read The wood chipper murder? I have the book and am planning on reading it at some point this summer, it is based on a true story.
  I love all books, I am currently reading the twighlight series, but will need a happy book to read in between my scary books. Any suggestions appreciated.
0 Kudos
kellie_a

I have not read The Wood Chipper Murder, but it sounds interesting! Will have to try it out. I'm not one for happy books, except, there was a Mermaid series that I read (more or less a trilogy), and the author who wrote those is hilarious. Her books make me laugh.
  I will keep an eye out for a cheerful book.
0 Kudos
sandi8

Melissa Fern michaels has funny love stories and stuff my friend sends her books she reads when i can't find anything usually not my cup of tea but i will read anything to a point I am waiting for the last of th Odd Thomas series buy dean knootz to come out in paperback i don't buy hardcover. can't afford them
0 Kudos
beth22

Kelli, I've never heard anything about "White Witch, Black Curse". The only reason I read "The Heratic's Daughter" because I love historical stuff and the reviews were really good.
  Do you ever go to Barnes and Noble and read the reviews on a book....it's very helpful, plus they give you a little summary on the book too.
0 Kudos
mmerose

"White Witch, Black Curse" is # 7 in Kim Harrison's series, The Hollows. It is urban fantasy: witches, demons, vamps, weres. The first book is "Dead Witch Walking".
0 Kudos