cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Birthdays, mantras, determinations, oooohmmm

I turned 65 a couple days ago. I know, I know. Some of you have been here already, but I haven't, so it was sort of remarkable to me.

I decided to give myself the gift of continued good (and maybe better?) health. That includes keeping up with my no-smoking mantras and making some decisions about eating and diabetes that can only help me. One of the things that ran through my mind was "I wouldn't put a cigarette in my mouth; why would I consider putting food that doesn't work for my diabetes in my mouth?"

That spoke to me.

I know for the first week of eating properly and getting blood sugars controlled and keeping them there will be like that first week of quitting smoking - filled with the "I did it!" and excitement of not smoking.  I am approaching this gift I've given myself with the same determination as quitting smoking. If I can be quit for 588 days, I can do anything.

Having said that, to all the newbies, if you can quit for one day, you can quit for 588. Do it for you and no one else. Bravo to all of you for making the decision to take Not One Puff Ever!

2020_07_25.jpg

My sister got me this card for my birthday. Worth sharing!

Donna

Day 588

12 Replies
Strudel

Happy birthday Donna!! Love the card! I hope you enjoyed your day. We missed you yesterday! 

DonnaMarie

I wanted to be there, Kathy, but life intervened. It does that! 

I can't wait for the next live event! I hope we can get together face to face again one of these days. I miss my kids' hugs

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

What a perfect(ly) hysterical card!!!

Happy Belated Birthday!

I learned long ago that if you don't bring crap into the house, there is no crap in the house to tempt you.  And - remember, you quit smoking one day at a time; you should just try to change your diet the same way.  Just eat better TODAY!

MarilynH

Happy 65th birthday Donnamarie it's wonderful to see you and even more wonderful to congratulate you on your precious quit journey YAY for 588 splendiferous Smokefree days and counting WTG my friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON, I love the card too.

Jennifer-Quit

Happy Belated Birthday!  

happybirthday-2.jpg

0 Kudos
indingrl

Donna

sweetplt

DonnaMarie   (((Donna))) it is so good to see you at Ex’s...so many leave and never come back...Congratulations on your beautiful quit...You were / are an inspiration to me and so many at this site...I am sure 65 looks marvelous on you...be well, be safe and a Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 603 DOF 

pastedImage_2.gif

Barbscloud

Belated Birthday GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

beazel

Happy 65th Year! Birthday Emoticons Emoticons

I, too, have that diabetes struggle. My excuse is "I quit smoking, I deserve a Pepsi!"

My plan is to buckle down....my Quit Sugar date is set for August 1st.