cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

blakesgigi

Biggest trigger of all....

So quitting during a pandemic may seem crazy to some but it was what I had to do.  Just found out that my son, who still smokes, is in town and will be staying with me tonight. Yep, you guessed it, he is a trigger for me and I always used to smoke with him, bumming butts of course.  Because we all know that when you "bum" a butt, well that doesn't count; you aren't really smoking (junkie thinkin' at it's best!)  That is what I used to tel myself.  Yes, he knows I have quit and will not be smoking. I just wanted to post here so you guys have my back and I know I can come here for support.  Just typing this makes all the difference, really:)  

NOPE

One puff away from a pack a day

16 Replies
elvan

GOOD FOR YOU, coming here and writing it out.  That is the best way to deal with triggers...come here.  I came here every morning and every evening when I first quit and my son and oldest daughter were both smokers at that time.  Since then, they have BOTH quit and I am so happy for them.  I never smoked in the house so there was no question of them smoking inside when they visited.  They were very supportive and understanding.  The most supportive person was my youngest daughter who never smoked...she was really wonderful.  I didn't even tell her that I had quit until I had three months under my belt...I had lost so many quits in the past that I could not bear to tell her that I had lost another one.  Didn't have to...that was over six years ago.  We ARE here for you and we absolutely understand that trigger!

Ellen

RoseH

Please ask him to go outside to smoke!  Second-hand smoke is deadly too!

blakesgigi

Sorry if I wasn't clear about this but my son and his GF do smoke outside only.  I am thankful for cherry tootsie pops and all of you here.  Really makes a world of difference:)

SuzyQ411

Great to hear this clarification! Trust you have a huge supply of tootsie pops on hand, They were helpful to me in the beginning also 

elvan

Great job! I am so glad that your son & his GF don’t smoke inside! My go to was Sour Patch Kids which were SO SOUR that they shocked the craves away.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

We definitely have your back and hopefully your quit will get your son in the mode to start thinking about quitting himself....

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

blakesgigi‌ Really warms my heart when I see a post like this. You're using this community in a spectacular way!  Keep it up!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team