cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Linda239

Been Some Time

Well here I am 7 1/2 years after I quit smoking!  I have stayed quit this whole time without even one puff!  I always said that IF I could ever quit I would NEVER smoke again!  After all this time I have never regretted my choice to quit and am still so very happy with my choice.  Sure life is still hard but it is manageable without cigarettes!  My original goal was to retire without having to be on oxygen or worse! I had been a smoker for 44 years and at one time was smoking 4 packs a day!  I remember how hard it was at first and just tried to stay extremely busy and then resorted to crying off and on, but still I kept my promise to myself.  So now here I am retired and not smoking and life for me is fantastic.  So those of you still finding your way through,  it is definitely a journey well worth it.  I wish nothing but the best for all of you and hoping you have a great group of supporters like I did.  So once more, thank you Dale Jones for helping me when it seemed no one else could.

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

So happy to see you, and happier still to hear you are a smober retiree!

I am too - and life is better without having to worry about the when, where, how I can smoke!

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 7.5 years smoke free and achieving your goal of being retired and not smoking.  Glad your stopped by to celebrate your milestone.

Barb

indingrl

Linda - WAY TO GO -  thank you so much for SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL non smoker LIFE style - GOOD JOB

Jennifer-Quit

Good to see you!  Yes, Dale JonesCarpeDiem‌ has helped many!  Congratulations on your quit and your retirement!

Congratulations!

I'm glad to have been of help.

MarilynH

A super congrats on your precious quit journey YAY for 7.5 splendiferous Smokefree years and counting!

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.jpg Linda239 On 7 1/2 years of Freedom...love when people come back to tell us they are still quit...Enjoy...~ Colleen 600 DOF

Giulia

Thanks for coming back and "sayin' so!"  Encourages all of us.  Kudos on your beautiful quit.  Added you to our /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=1264b220-fd9c-4841-9...‌  Sorry I didn't do so before.

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations, what a lovely blog! So happy for you!

Ellen

0 Kudos