Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BecomeAnEX.org celebrates one year.

That’s right, its March 31st and we’re celebrating a year of live-online dedication to helping people re-learn life without cigarettes.

Chime in and tell the community how BecomeAnEX.orghttp://www.becomeanex.org/ has helped you, or your friends, get closer to becoming, and staying an EX.

Happy Anniversary BecomeAnEX!
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
26 Replies
christine2007

Congratulations! What a worthwhile community.
0 Kudos
keri

I wouldn't have quit without it
0 Kudos
dearleigh

That is wonderful and amazing that THAT is the day I quit smoking (on the one year anniversary) - that is very cool. Congrats to all the ex-es ... and keep the faith - those who are still going to do it.
0 Kudos
jan__tx

oh wow what can I say to the Ex people! both the developers and my friends I say thank you so very much for being so supportive in my quit...I have quit many times before and this time is so much easier w/this site:)!
0 Kudos
doris2

Dito!!!!!!!!!! Without this site I too wouldn't be smoke free for a year now!! Thanks to all!!!!
0 Kudos
pruie-jones

Man, have you guys heard that because of the recession, more and more people are trying to quit? Not surprising when you add up what cigs cost. Back when I finally quit, I think I figured my cost of cigs was over $3,000 a year. What a price to pay, not counting the BIG PRICE we risk paying.
0 Kudos
marjorie

It is so wonderful that people have this group to help us. I smoked for over 40 years and have tried to quit by doing it cold turkey, nicorette qum, nicotrol filters, patches, hypnosis, meetings with the cancer society. I had a stroke in December and the hospital put me on 14 miligram patches. I made it 2 days after getting out of the hospital.My family doctor told me to start with step 1 one with the 21 mg. patches. My brother called and told me he would quit with me if it would help me to make it. He had chewed tobacco since we were kids. We picked December 26 to quit as I was going to my Moms for Christmas and thought it would help me get past the first 3 days. He and I called each other several times a week when we needed help. I was playing a game on the computer and the ad for BecomeAnEx.org flashed on and I clicked on it. The rest is history. I joined and read about other people and talked with a few of them. It encouraged me to stick it out and help my brother as well as helping me. On March 26th, we made it 3 months, my son has quit since February 25th, and another brother has now made it for 15 days. Whoever started this organization, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! You have helped us stay smoke free.
0 Kudos
shenna

Thank you to the Creators of this site.. You Guys kept me smoke free.. I will be hitting 11 months on the 15th
0 Kudos
paul2

Happy Birthday!!!! And THANK YOU, I just love this site, I would not be passed on first 30 days without this site and my new nonsmoking buds. Again Thank You.
0 Kudos