cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lola2

BEWARE OF CHANTIX

After smoking heavily for the better part of 25 years, I made a commitment to quit.
Although I am glad to be 2 years smoke free, I destroyed my life in the process of quitting, and I am here in hopes of stopping other people from quitting the way I did. I unknowingly poisoned my body to help myself quit. I trusted the Pfizer drug Chantix because it was FDA approved, later to learn that Chantix would cause neurological problems. I only took a 2-month supply of Chantix, spread over 3 months, ending in March of 2007, but the adverse reactions are extremely bad to this day!
It starts with all over joint, muscle and bone pain, then it led me to further damage, such as neuropathy, and a partially paralyzed right foot, and severe myopathy. The damage mimics M.S., but no M.S. was found on a brain scan.
Not just me, but there are hundreds of others online complaining about the same reactions from Chantix, but the FDA doesn't care. Obviously they are on Pfizer's payroll too.
0 Kudos
91 Replies
christine2007

I just don't know how none of the people I know (especially my kids) have not had ONE serious side affect... the statistics would certainly not play out that way "if" there were serious issues with this medication. Not one! The odds would be very off if that were the case.

I am beginning to believe that much of this misinformation is being fostered by anonymous folks who probably work for Phillip Morris or RJ Reynolds or the Tobacco Lobby. There's a lot to be LOST, especially in this economy, if now smokers find a REAL quit smoking aid. It could put many Tobacco farms out of business.

The only person I know whose had facial neuralgia also had diabetes. It can be painful. That person never smoked, by the way... she's a religious order Sister.
0 Kudos
lola2

I definitely do not work for any cigarette makers.......my pain is very real. My EMG's, blood work and MRI's and other tests don't lie either. All I can say is Chantix ruined my life, and the lives of hundreds of others. The FDA mailed me a report of all of the adverse reactions by Chantix reported to them. It is over 50 pages long. You can call them and request it too, if you still doubt.
0 Kudos
lola2

I have that too from Chantix Bev......it's neuropathy. From my hips, and running down the muscles in back of my legs 24/7. Are your muscles weak too?
0 Kudos
christine2007

And, I'm going to reply to threads like this because I think they're very detrimental to such an incredibly good medication.
0 Kudos
christine2007

Seriously, not to be unsympathetic, but I really don't believe Chantix is responsible for any such problems, and won't until I see someone's test results directly linked to Chantix. Period. I'd love to see your doctor's report stating that your problems were Chantix related.

If I even personally knew ONE person who had adverse results that could be linked to Chantix, I would feel differently. And, from my first hand personal experience this medication is a GODSEND that will SAVE thousands of lives.
0 Kudos
barbara42

i took CHANTIX for 32 day,s, i had some dreams, not nightmares, just vivid dreams and i got sick to my stomach if i took it befor i ate. but it did exactly what it was supposed to do, so after the starter pack i just did not take any thing any more. it was wonderful in the fact that i do not smoke any more and i could not have done it with out the CHANTIX. i am so glad that i have not had any of those side effects or ever saw any with the number of people i know taking CHANTIX. i have to agree with Christine, it was a God send to me peace!
0 Kudos
barbara42

i took CHANTIX for 32 day,s, i had some dreams, not nightmares, just vivid dreams and i got sick to my stomach if i took it befor i ate. but it did exactly what it was supposed to do, so after the starter pack i just did not take any thing any more. it was wonderful in the fact that i do not smoke any more and i could not have done it with out the CHANTIX. i am so glad that i have not had any of those side effects or ever saw any with the number of people i know taking CHANTIX. i have to agree with Christine, it was a God send to me peace!
0 Kudos
lola2

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/mass_tort_litigation/2006/11/wsj_o...

http://www.topix.net/forum/law/healthcare/TVFDIU3OTSER7EGIV/p13

http://www.topix.net/forum/law/healthcare/TSPN3BBLL2HII8K0O/p34#las...

Since you are using the phrase "number of people"........I thought you might want to count the THOUSANDS of messages posted on these 3 forums by people suffering from Chantix damages.
0 Kudos
barbara42

yea, the numbers are people i know personally, the thousands are some thing you have come up with, sorry
0 Kudos
christine2007

Yeah, I know there are people suing the pharmaceutical companies. That's no big surprise at all and lends NO credibility to these wild claims. In fact, there probably isn't a medication on the market that hasn't been litigated against because we are a litigious society.

Now, do you want to also list all the websites showing ALL the LAWSUITS against the TOBACCO companies??? Far more that what you've listed above!!!

Also, at the first sign of any drug interaction problems, normal people STOP taking the medication. So that their exposure is quite minimal.

Tobacco companies, take your LOBBYISTS off this website!!!
0 Kudos