Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

August 2020: Welcome new members!

The August Quitters have arrived!

There are always new members joining the community. A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Log out of the community by clicking this link.
  3. Then log back into the community to sync it.
  4. Look at your profile and confirm your correct date is showing.

When you log back in it will sync it over so it appears on your community profile. If your quit date is synced and you've indicated how many cigarettes you used to consume before you quit(update it in your community profile, otherwise we assume 20/day), your Quit Stats* will calculate how many days you've been quit and how many cigarettes you've avoided.

Be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide to learn about how to do other things on the site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (2)
26 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stop by Welcome: Introduce Yourself! 

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. RebeRupattersonryanmjlovedh1126

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync.  dorindalp crazyoutburst4 bgala1 jmeara123 michellejohnson1966 Anhall72 scottfm Cat_Mom_Jen janielyn970 Dolphinluvr525 danielle252 joanicremer georgiaeggtoter ewaltzer Alanayee07 floorjack1150 lanadelrey

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! dorindalpKawika2ntexdude

EX Community Admin Team
Honda600

I've only been with you guys for a few days nd I feel all your pain and love your stories. Thank you Mark, you are appreciated! It's only been a week but I will keep going. I have so much stress in my life right now. Like you guys said, your going to have stress with or without the cigarettes. Only ex-smokers can relate to this. Can you get patches with a prescription? Does Chantix really work? Quit once before for a week, went to DMV for an issue and started smoking again. I actually remember when smoking wasn't taboo. Thanks to all.  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Honda600 Welcome and congrats on your quit.  You don't need a prescriptions for patches, but may be able to obtain them for free.  Chantix and Welbutrin, and nicotrol inhalers do require a prescription.  Various aids have worked for many, including Chantix.  I used Welbutrin and the inhalers for this quit.  With Chantix and Welbutrin you want to begin taking them prior to quitting smoking.

Glad your here.  Reach out if you need support.

1-800-QUIT-NOW

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Honda600 wrote:

I've only been with you guys for a few days nd I feel all your pain and love your stories. Thank you Mark, you are appreciated!

Hi

Barbscloud‌ answered your questions.  It looks like GA offers Gum and Patches. You can take a look at what else they offer for benefits by clicking on that link.

Ironically I remember driving by Woodstock, GA on my way to Disney last spring break. Cool to see people on the map for places I've been close to.  I know someone who lives there and had family member consider moving there as well. 

Keep logging on to the site. It's always on and there is always someone here. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. dmpls25

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync

Kandy77 lksedeboer Cindypannell nessie_1975 dulthman247 chada RickLynch daniv

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. Cindypannell

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey.

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync

rhope1979 Og1 Smokesgottago sandie361

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! Smokesgottagosandie361

EX Community Admin Team
Smokesgottago

Hi! I’m hoping my profile is somewhat set up and you can see my quit date, which is tomorrow.  A little about me...I’m 53, turning 54 on the 10th. I’ve smoked since I was 16 yrs old.  I quit once back in 2011 and stayed smoke free for nearly 3 yrs, then life happens and y’all know the rest. Since my relapse, I’ve tried to quit again numerous times but they haven’t lasted longer than 6 months. I really want this quit to be my last! I’ve been preparing for the past month, have my NRT, and been working on my plan. I’m looking forward to everyone’s support in the days to come. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Smokesgottago‌ Yes, I see a quit date of today.  Stick with the site, come here often, especially when you have a craving! It will pass. Let's make this your forever quit.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

Smokesgottago How is it going?

Barb

0 Kudos