cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bike-run-hike

Athletes who quit smoking.

I would love to hear from some about you about the performance enhancements after you quit. Please feel free to drop me a line.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sylvia_Deitz

Well, I wouldn't consider myself an athlete, but I've been very active most of my life. About a year ago, I started being really short of breath. I couldn't even make the bed without my heart really pounding. This was a period when I wasn't walking or exercising. I went to the doctor and had a lot of heart tests done. Everything was fine on that end, but when I had the pulmonary function test, it showed I had emphysema and COPD. At least that was the diagnosis. The next day I quit smoking cold turkey and started walking. At first I could only walk about 1/2 a mile and that really tired me out, but about 6 months after I quit smoking, I was up to 3 miles without gasping for breath or having to stop and rest. I just recently added wrist weights of 1 lb. each and I carry my water bottle which weighs about 2 lbs. when I first start out. It's gone by the time I get home. That's a really pretty picture of you running! You can go to my page and read more about me if you want.
0 Kudos