cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Are you tired of being tired?

That is what it took for me to step across the line to freedom and never look back. I was so tired of being tired. I was so tired of the stink, stigma of being labeled a smoker and the cost of sucking on a stinking cigarette. It did not make any sense to continue smoking.  I would smoke and think how stupid it was as I sucked in and blew out smoke. Mind bottling! Why could others quit and I'm still sucking on these things? It literally had become very disgusting to me.

I had several short lived quits but until I recognized that I was an addict and treated it as an addiction I did not make a change.  Yep Change... no not coins.  I had to change some people, places, and things.  Some of them were temporary but worth putting aside. Most of all I had to change how I thought about smoking. I had to reprogram my thoughts through education, self talk and discipline to do the work to not smoke. NOPE kept me free.  Yes, I was fearful of failure BUT I was not going to let the fear overpower my desire to quit smoking and started believing that I could conquer the addiction to quit smoking.  Quitting is not the easiest thing to do but it is "doable" with education, willingness, determination, commitment, and the support of EX Community.  If you are tired of being tired here are few steps to help you cross the line to freedom and never look back.

• Educate yourself on the addiction to nicotine
  • Be determined that no matter what you will not smoke NOPE
  • Make a daily commitment you will do what it takes to NOPEDaily Pledge
  • Come here often, receive and give support.  It works!
  • Be willing to let it go, believing you have not lost a thing. 
  • Cross the line to freedom, enjoy it, and protect your qui. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2017/02/27/a-recipe-for-a-forever-quit?sr=...

Tags (1)
6 Replies
SimplySheri

That is exactly how I was feeling!!  Jackie, this is just perfect    It's so lovely to see that others understand, right?!!  And you have this beautiful way of sharing so easily that anyone can get it.  Well done once again!!

JACKIE1-25-15

25,903 Thank You Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

AnnetteMM

And you've stayed here to help others all this time! I really admire that.

Learning about addiction was a game changer for me.

MarilynH

Thank you Jackie that's EXactly the same for me I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and finding out that I have mild was enough for me finally wise up and quit smoking for good!

PSX_20210121_093434.jpg

sweetplt

JACKIE1-25-15 Great post Jackie ... this was me...I was so tired of smoking... wishing you a nice evening...~ Colleen 828 DOF 

Giulia

I was tired of my husband badgering me to quit.  I was tired of wanting to quit and never doing it.  I was tired of starting another quit.  I was REALLY TIRED of another day one.  And so I had a FINAL day one, and haven't looked back since.  Except to remember where I came from and say, "I never want another Day One!"

Potent post, girl!