cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Are We Influencing Our Quits With Our Self Imposed, Pre-Conceived Thinking?

I'd say many people make themselves believe quitting is impossible and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

We Are Our Own Worst Enemies!

Decide!

Quit!

No Looking Back, Only Forward!

NOPE

DFS
0 Kudos
23 Replies
laura60

Quitting cigarettes is EASY. As summed up in one of my favorite Carp Sayings :
"Just keep them away from your face!"
Always makes me laugh, even when I say it!

When you read all these blogs, it's amazing how many people say "If I can do it, anyone can." as if they were the most addicted person in the world. So you realize it's a conception shared by a whole lot of other smokers, and you know too it's a major reason why we all put off quitting or excuse ourselves for relapsing. Cuz we were ALL the most addicted person in the world.
It's also funny to read how many people say "quitting wasn't as hard as I thought it would be". We do set ourselves up for it to be hard, plus we're told over and over by a lot of other people that it's gonna be hard.
For sure, it's as hard as we make it.
0 Kudos
charon2

Hahaha, that sounds like a quote from Alan Carr's book. Very true, Laura. Very true!
0 Kudos
sylvie

YEP! No BS. I like it! No whinning either....lol
It's the best thing we can do fo ourselves....we all know that right?that is why we are here.....
So off we go......for people who can't deal with the "for ever" issu....(i understand...I don't like for ever either on any decison that I make), just keep saying...that YOU have the choice to smoke or not, everytime the feeling snucks up on you.....you have already made that decison, the first day, so keep making it, no excuse, NONE whatsoever, you are now an exsmoker, remember that or a nonsmoker......whatever!!
I would say quitting was the easiest thing I ever done for my self.....staying quit, haaaaa, not easy but so doable,....and I am damm proud, and hubby smokes and you don't hear me whine about it....or find IT, THE excuse to start again.....
NO excuses is my moto, and it helps me greatly!!!
What is it wth edith and pot...anyway??? i am sure there is a web site about pot smoking, or ex pot smoking......some people smoke pot and not cigarette, it ain't the same kind of tobaco edith......and it is non of our business, anyway......
does this mean i have to quit alchool? it is a drug....advil? oh my god I am on Chantix, help me someone.......
Please give us a break on the pot.......Thank you :)) Nice post Jonescarp!
0 Kudos
kerry

I agree with you. Kayla
0 Kudos