cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Are We Influencing Our Quits With Our Self Imposed, Pre-Conceived Thinking?

I'd say many people make themselves believe quitting is impossible and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

We Are Our Own Worst Enemies!

Decide!

Quit!

No Looking Back, Only Forward!

NOPE

DFS
0 Kudos
23 Replies
fiveblessings

I found that my worries about how HARD quitting would be were worse than the actual work of quitting. It's tough, but doable. Attitude is very important. Once you quit, you just cannot leave any room in your thinking for "maybe".
I won't smoke, because I DON'T SMOKE ANYMORE!

😉
0 Kudos
edith2

I totally agree with what you are saying Sara. I think that applies to smoking ANYTHING!!!
0 Kudos
edith2

I think Carole said it best:
One type of addiction for another is how I went about it.
Finally I got it right and you can too. How?
Educate yourself. Understand how nicotine affects the brain. Understand that living without nicotine is as simple as creating new routines and better habits for your life.
You create the excuse after X amount of days, months, or years to light up again when there is not good excuse to ever light up once you've quit.
The only thing you MUST do to quit and stay quit? Make the decision to do it and stick to it. You don't give your house away after a month once you've signed your name on the dotted line to live there for many years to come. You don't give your child away after making a decision to bring him/her into the world and care for them for the rest of your life. These are major life decisions. Quitting a drug addiction is a major life decision too so commit to it like any other major decision and don't look back.
Like any major life decision you make, it has it's tough times, but guess what?, you get through them. Quitting an addiction is no different.
0 Kudos

????

Are you on the Pot atoes again?
0 Kudos
charon2

All this pot ato talk, and I'm getting the munchies!
0 Kudos
aly2

YES YES YES!
THANK YOU!
0 Kudos
charon2

I think that Edith may be a heavy, closet pot-smoker, and the paranoia causes her to think everyone else is smoking pot, too.
0 Kudos
sylvie

lol i am off for a .....dip!!!
0 Kudos
jacob5

I completely agree and this time quitting I had my "come to Jesus moment" realizing I was almost sometimes telling myself I wouldn't make it and to just go ahead and smoke, when it wasn't true... I just hated not smoking. Decide to quit, don't look back!!!! 100% correct.
0 Kudos
melissa49

I am wanting to get a tattoo that says "Not Even One", hehe

🙂
0 Kudos