cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

April's Nicotine-Free Vision

After so many attempts to quit, some briefly successful and some not making it a day, my nicotine-free vision is to be sitting on my porch one day while suddenly realizing that my life is better without a cigarette burning next to me.  I envision breathing the fresh, morning air and truly relishing the taste and smell of that first cup of coffee.  No fan blowing the smoke away from me, no bottle of Febreeze in my purse to spray down before I get out of my car, and no counting the number of cigarettes I need to smoke at lunch to make it through the rest of the day. 

The picture I have painted in my mind is one of accomplishment in overcoming my fear of leaving this toxic relationship with cigarettes.   I hold in the forefront of my mind that "Aha!" moment that I don't crave its voice in my head telling me that my world cannot turn without it, that it's the only friend I have that I can depend on.  I look forward to the day when this relationship is over and we are truly ex's in every sense of the word.

What a wonderful vision...I cannot wait to see it in reality.

“All killer whales are named Kevin. You knew that, right?”
~"Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings" by Christopher Moore
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
biscuit9

You can give yourself the gift of that vision, and it is a beautiful vision, and you can grant yourself all of your wishes.  It IS doable and you can give yourself your heart's desire.  I do believe that some accomplishments start with a vision.  It has happened to me when I wanted something very badly, but the FEAR was so great I couldn't achieve what I wanted.  I knew in my heart the fear was not realistic, but it was still something I had to overcome.  Nowadays, I pray, but back then I bought a book titled "Creative Visualization".  I accomplished my goal.  I not only learned to ride a motorcycle, but I bought my own Harley and put almost 100,000 miles on it.  What I learned about myself through that process is, that when I want something badly enough I will find a way to do it.  I couldn't stop smoking on my own, so I went to God in prayer about it.  I still had to do the work, but he got me 3 days without nicotine, which is something I never thought could happen.  Hold on to that vision and let it consume you.

0 Kudos

@biscuit9 Thank you for your encouragement.  And ROCK ON with that Harley! 😊  My vision seems both a million miles away and right next to me at the same time.  I have to find a way to keep my vision while also living each day in the moment.  Again, thanks so much.

“All killer whales are named Kevin. You knew that, right?”
~"Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings" by Christopher Moore
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

0 Kudos