Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

trish

April Quitters

QUITING IN APRIL SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT QUITTING TIME IM IN
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
168 Replies

Went to a cook out yesterday evening. I was a little worried about it. I wasn't sure what I would do with myself since I wasn't drinking or smoking. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I can enjoy many of the same things I use to without the "other" stuff clouding things up. It was a lot more fun clear headed and lung "ed". 😄
0 Kudos
cheryl2

Hello April Quitters! My quit date was 4/12/2009 and I am still SMOKE FREE! Congrats to all of us and the hard work that we put in to become non-smokers.
0 Kudos
alison

I want to say I am so happy for everyone (including myself) for sticking to this non smoking lifestyle. It is such an adjustment but we are doing it! Keep up the good work.
0 Kudos
amy20

I too am an April 1st quitter Elisa! Glad to see someone else is still around! 52 days is awesome!!! We socialized with a smoker last eve and he said they are up to $6. and change! Crazy! So glad I quit when I did!
0 Kudos
elisa3

Hi everyone. Been a while since I checked in. I quit April 1st and still going strong. I believe that now is a tough time to quit because of the poor economy and added stresses that most people are enduring. But if we can not smoke during these stressful times, we can quit for good. I've been thinking of all the money I'm saving by quitting. Packs have gone up 1.50 since I quit.
0 Kudos
jadensnana

Computer was down on my 30 day quit,so I am celebrating both today !
0 Kudos
anne17

At 9:30 Pm today I will be at 30 days!!!!!! I am excited about hitting that number. I have been off the Chantix for 1 week and a day and feel a bit more anxious, but I am not giving in the smoke demon. I feel I have worked to hard to get to day 30 and am not going to go backwards. I wish that my husband would quit, but nobody could of made me quit, if I didn't want it for myself. It has been a little tough this weekend, but so far so good. If this is the worst it gets, I feel I have the stubborness in myself to continue on and stay a non-smoker.
0 Kudos
dearleigh

Hi everyone - tonight Janie hits her one year anniversary. I am throwing a party for her at QPC ... please find the thread at the top of the page of Quit Party Central board and go and wish her well. One year is awesome. Tomorrow I hit the 8 week mark. Whoo hoo.
0 Kudos
amy20

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well! Congrats on all the milestones that have been celebrated within our group! It just occured to me that everyone has been at least 26 days smoke free!
  I 2nd the encouragement from DearLeigh to head over to QPC if you're not familiar. I check in daily to help everyone celebrate their success!
  A wonderful smoke free day to all!!!
0 Kudos
cheryl2

Congrats April quitters! Amy, DearLeigh, Anne, JadensNana...
  45 days smoke free! It is good to be an April quitter!
0 Kudos