Give and get support around quitting

trish

April Quitters

QUITING IN APRIL SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT QUITTING TIME IM IN
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
168 Replies
robin-harmon

i AM 49 YEARS OLD AND HAVE SMOKED SINCE I WAS 15. i AM READY TO QUIT ON APRIL 1ST. I KNOW IT WILL BE A TRYING TIME BUT IT HAS ROBBED SO MUCH QUALITY OUT OF MY LIFE.
0 Kudos
olivia

I am quitting April 1st as well!! The only thing I have to do right now is start separating in the morning (the first thing I want to do is of course smoke)...so this weekend I am waiting 30 minutes before lighting up in the morning. It is going to be so hard!! But, that is the only separation I have yet to do...everything else I have separated the cig from the situation. Where is everybody else in their quit plan?
0 Kudos
molly8

Become an ex won't let me officially set my quit date until I've tracked my smoking for a few days, but I'm aiming for April as well. I guess I'll give myself until April 15th because I'd like to take some stepwise reductions before I give myself a hard and fast date to hold myself to. So yeah, I'm here too! C3PO is proud of me...
0 Kudos

In late Jan. I set my quit date at April first. That was very easy and I felt relaxed about it all. Now as the date gets nearer, I'm beginning to be a bit scared with high hopes I can do this. I don't want hopes, I want to feel certain. I know I can do it, quit in 1980 for twenty years. I got throught it then, I can do it now.l
0 Kudos
robin-harmon

I am also setting my quit date for April 1st and have been smking since I was 16 years old. I am 49 and I am going to quit this time for good with all of your help. Yes we can do this.
0 Kudos
darlene7

O.k. this my second try at quitting smoking. My date is April 1st. I am starting to separate now and to get my mind back in control.
0 Kudos
joan10

I'm setting an April 15th date. Somehow though, I cannot find the journal I'm supposed to keep. Plus, I need lots of help. I did get Chantix. Will start taking it on the 8th. Planning to hand in my resignation at work soon, with a quit day of the 15th, as I have found this job to be so stressful that I keep having migrains.
0 Kudos
arlene5

I'll be getting Chantix in the next couple of days (as soon as my insurance ok's it) then I'll be setting an April quit day. I've tried quitting so many times that I've lost count, but with a recent diagnosis of an enlarged heart due to high blood pressure I absolutely have no choice this time! My whole lifestyle will have to change everything from losing weight to quitting the smokes and everything in between, should be a wild ride!
0 Kudos
amy20

My date is set for April 1st, 2009. Commit is in the cabinet and I am daily reminding myself of the quiting pros! 24 year old habit and addiction...
0 Kudos