cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chris11

April 1st come and gone

And I am not doing good at all. I grab a smoke when I can from my husband and he does put up a front but he knows how hard it is too. He does not smoke around me but I know he has them and I could kick myself for being such an idiot. I have cut way down though so for that I pat myself on my back.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
krystal3

Keep trying.. Don't give up. April 6th was my 1st day w/o a cig., and I almost smoked one today. My husband still smokes too, though only once in front of me in the last 3 days. I think it's a lot harder with another smoker in the house because cigarettes are readily available. I keep thinking "no one will know if I sneak just a puff", but I will know. That's the addiction, the nocodemons. Don't call yourself an idiot.. I'm proud of you for cutting way down, and I give you a pat on the back too. I wish you the best and if you need to type to keep your hands busy, you can always chat with me!! Holler if u need to. Good Luck.
0 Kudos
linda14

one day at a time Chris. i've had my husband and my boss tell me to start again because i have severe withdrawl. quitters flu[ they call it] 3 days still strong even though, i can barely stand up sometimes..........one day at a time.....stay strong and true to yourself. never give up
0 Kudos
chris11

Thank you for the support. I had been on a medication that helped me but I had open heart surgery last September and the doctors took me off the medication. I finally called the my gp's office today to find out if I can go back on it and I was approved, so in about a week I am hoping it will be easier. I hate being dependent on chemicals, but I know it helps and hopefully I willl be back on track again soon. God bless you all and Have a spiritual Easter. God bless
0 Kudos