cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bob8

April 16 Quit Date

I've smoked 45 years and tried quitting 4 times. The best success I've had was using Chantix but I quit taking it to early. I must and will succeed this time as doctor just told me I have early symptoms of emphysema.
It's now April 17th and I'm in my second smoke free day and on the way to becoming an ex. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. This weekend will be a real test due to a little golf trip. Hope to be able to report on Monday that I'm still smoke free.
4/21/08: Still smoke-free even with the golf trip. Was very hard but got through it. It's now been 6 days since my last one and at this point, I don't see myself ever going back. Everyone, hang in there on becoming an ex; it's well worth the fight.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
bob8

Hi Trout,
I'm taking the Chantix and tomorrow is my quit day. I remember from the last time one of the keys is to drink alot of water to flush the nictine. Hope you are doing well.
Bob
0 Kudos
tracey-staton

Hey Bob - my date is April 16 as well. We can do this - we really can. Have you ever failed at anything in life and said NOT AGAIN - stay positive - keep focused and get off the couch:) I'll be rooting for you too - Tracey
0 Kudos
bob8

Hi Tracey,
So far, so good. I'm going to do it for good this time. Hope this finds you doing well also. Hang in there and let's kick this disgusting habit.
Bob
0 Kudos
bob8

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for the note and encouragement. I'm in my first day of being an ex. What day next week are you becoming an ex?
Bob
0 Kudos
pat3

Hi,

i have been taking chantix for 5 days and my quit day is set for april 6th. I have cut down from 40 cigarettes a day to 10, but I still have the urge to smoke. Will the chantix take away more of the craving the longer I take it?

Thanks,

pat
0 Kudos
bob8

Hi everyone,
My quit date was 4/16/08 and I'm approaching the 1-year mark of being an ex. I was recently diagnosed with moderate COPD which I know is a result of smoking for 45 years. I now have inhalers I use daily.
Anyone trying to quit-hang in there; it will be worth it in the long run.
GOOD LUCK.
Bob
0 Kudos