cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

Anyone looking for a quit smoking buddy?

Hi All, 

My name is Danielle and I'm on my third day smoke free. Last cigarette was on 7/26/17. I smoked for 5 years. Today has definitely been the hardest so far. I think this would be a little easier if I had someone to quit with me/ go through the process with me. Anyone interested? 

Thanks for reading! 

Tags (1)
102 Replies
afriedh1

Day 4!! The weekend is coming & im a little worried

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos

You are in charge. What are your plans?

0 Kudos

If you put yourself in risky situations you risk losing your quit.

0 Kudos
elvan

DO make plans...it's when we have nothing to do that we tend to indulge in risky behavior.  Plan for things you LIKE to do in places where you CANNOT smoke.  Go see a movie, go walk the mall (I actually HATE that one), listen to music, dance like no one is watching, get some snacks that are healthy but will take your mind off craves.  Remember that no crave ever killed anyone...NO ONE can say that about smoking.  Watch movies at home, draw pictures, clean a closet...eeewwww.  Read this link from YoungAtHeart‌ /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke 

Laugh, exercise, HAVE FUN with your new freedom.

Stay close to the site and read blogs...new ones, old ones, any that appeal to you.

afriedh1‌ you CAN do this, it is within your reach and every crave that passes leaves you a little stronger.

Ellen

0 Kudos
afriedh1

Thanks!! I like that, a crave never killed u.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
afriedh1

Made it through last night!!!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, that's a day WON!  Keep going, it WILL get easier!

0 Kudos

YAY

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

That's how it's done. Everybody here did it one evening, one morning/afternoon (and sometimes an hour) at a time.  Just keep plugging away.  This takes some effort in the early days, but it becomes second nature after awhile.  When you get that smoking thought, say (even out loud!), "I don't DO that anymore."  Then change your mind's direction!  Count the red/blue/white things in a room, or take slow/deep breaths, or march in place, or snap a rubber band around your wrist.  Find what works for YOU and employ it!

You CAN do this - one step at a time!

Nancy

afriedh1

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos