cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

Anyone looking for a quit smoking buddy?

Hi All, 

My name is Danielle and I'm on my third day smoke free. Last cigarette was on 7/26/17. I smoked for 5 years. Today has definitely been the hardest so far. I think this would be a little easier if I had someone to quit with me/ go through the process with me. Anyone interested? 

Thanks for reading! 

Tags (1)
102 Replies
Angie_machado

Thank you Nancy!

YoungAtHeart

Pleasure!

😉

Dani_2017

Thank you so much, Nancy. These are all wonderful tips. It's great for me to have so much support in this process. I'll stay close to the forum. Thanks again  

vanlil

Hi Dani - you certainly are not alone.  Stick with this Ex site and you will find a lot of people who care and will try to help you.  So please you are quitting after 5 yrs. of smoking.   I smoked for 63 yrs. and quit so many times I can't count them.

This site and beautiful people are here for you and me.

Lillian (vanlil) 406 days of freedom

Diannnnn

Hey Danielle! You are doing great and you are in the right place. I know it's hard, but you can do this! 

Until you find a quit buddy, read on here, ask questions and put "Help" in the title of a blog post if you need someone to talk to. There are no bad questions and no feelings that you should be ashamed of. This is a tough time, but the more you know the better you can manage your quit.

I'll be around for another hour or so tonight if you need to talk.

Dian

Showiestodin

Hey Dani. That's my daughters name. Glad you are here. I am new too. I quit  7-10-17. I'm on day 19 smoke free. You probably feel like you have vertigo or maybe it's not that way for you. It was for me the 1-2 days of quitting. I know you can make it through this. Strength and courage are what you need to build up inside yourself now. And each minute counts. You are worth it. You do deserve to be a non smoker. You are stronger than you think you are. You can make it.

Sincerely,

Cathy

bonniebee

Hi Dani just want to welcome you to Ex ! Congrats on your decision to quit smoking and on your first 3 days of freedom you may not feel exactly free yet but you are on your way !!!quit 3 red.pngex quit.jpg I think the first 3 days are the most difficult.  You have come to a great place !!!

c2q

Hi Dani! I'm glad you are here. You've made a great decision, getting free from nicotine. You'll find a lot of fellow quitters here, each of us ready to offer a hand.

3 days is kind of a big deal around here. This is the day that your body is 100% nicotine-free. Yeah!

I'm not going to give you advice! You have the Best Advice already! Just want you to know that we're glad you're here! We're here for you any day, any time, for anything! You CAN do this! You're doing Great already!

Dani_2017

I love the banner!! Thank you so much! 

I do have a follow up question for you / anyone in this thread. If you do drink, when did you feel comfortable having a drink again? I know that drinking and smoking often go hand in hand- just wondering how long I should cut out alcohol. Thanks again!