cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dgs

Anyone else have 7-21 as the designated day?

I messed up my prior quit dates...I finished and am rereading the Allen Carr book, so I think I can do it this time! Willpower and self discipline and a little help from all of you! Monday, the 21st of July is my quit date. In 2004 I had a major stroke while getting an aneurysm coiled. Last night I just read of a study that found that the coiling procedure doesn't usually end up as successful on smokers. And, chances are, if I wouldn't have been a heavy smoker for 32 years prior to the procedure, maybe I could have avoided the stroke! I live in North Carolina with my daughter, grandson, five dogs and three cats. I'm determined to beat the little monster and I know you all are too! Let's help each other with this battle! Does anyone else have the same quit day???
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

My quit day is july 21 and I'm re-reading Alan Carr's book likewise! Stay in touch
0 Kudos
angel6

I don't have the same quit day, but I wanted to say Kudos to you for setting your date!
You are going to feel so much better and have alot more energy to enjoy your family.
Both my Mom and Dad have had strokes, which is the main reason for my quit!
My Dad also had heart surgery last year! Both still smoke.
I don't want to put mysef or my family through any of that.

Smoke free for One week, three days, 14 hours, 0 minutes and 47 seconds. 169 cigarettes not smoked, saving $32.60. Life saved: 14 hours, 5 minutes.
0 Kudos
krissy6

I orginally picked July 21 but started yesterday instead, snuck up on myself!! So far so good. Good luck to you, one days at a time!!!
0 Kudos