cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy-mc

Anyone Have "Non-Smoking" Side Effects?

I haven't smoked for 32 days! Yea! I can breathe much easier AND I have lost that dry hacking cough. However, when I wake up in the morning I have a sore throat and feel kinda congested (actually it feels like I smoked a couple of packs of cigarettes the day before). Is this common, or do I have a sinus problem (that I attributed solely to smoking)?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kristen14

My Doc told me that the sore throat is due to post nasal drip, apparently your lungs arent the only organ that gets caked with gunk when you smoke but your sinuses do also, they are clensing themselves and the result is post nasal drip that causes your sore throat. My Dr reccomended a saline solution you can get it at any drug store, it is just water in a nasal bottle really, it keeps everything moist and helps it recover faster.
0 Kudos
maria18

I haven't smoked for 54 days....The cough I always had, waking and sleeping is gone. No congestion! omg A different world! I am so happy for myself! Sometimes, I wake up with a dry mouth, but I keep ice water in a styrofoam cup (my constant companion) beside the bed...;-)
0 Kudos
jada

I totally had that really bad the first month or so. I have 45 days and I still feel like that sometimes but it's not quite as bad. I just figure that it's a mind trick. I can't trust my junkie brain these days. It's getting a lot easier though. Good job on 32 days!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

Click here for ALeGoo Comments and Graphics...

Alegoo Comments Congratulations Comments and Graphics

0 Kudos
cindy-mc

Oh, thanks Jada! I am at day 54 now! I still have the sore throat in the morning (but it could be sinus). I think I am getting better, though. I can sure breath much better, real happy about that. Every day we just get better and better, don't we?
0 Kudos
maria12

Every day is better....how true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maria---------Mammi

Women Comments

Spicecomments.com - Women Comments

0 Kudos