cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chantix

Anybody taking chantix?

I have been taking chantix for 10 days and it doesn't seem to be helping. Still smoking the same amount so far. No side effects except for dreams. Does anybody have experience with chantix? If so your help would be welcome.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jenn82209

I tried Chantix twice and I have to say it helped me a little the second time, but the bad dreams were so bad that I had to stop it. Does it at least give you a bad taste in your mouth when you smoke? When I did the Chantix I also was sucking on cinnamon candies instead of smoking when I had the urge. Eventhough I couldn't tolerate the medicine I quit for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I am on here because clearly I did't stay quit. Good luck!

0 Kudos
keely

I have yet to suffer form any adverse side effects and I've been taking it for 42 days. I'm 36 days smoke free and loving it. I've been told taking the 2nd pill of the day seems to induce the weird dream stuff so I take mine at 6:15 in the morning and evening. I love this stuff and would whole heartedly recommend it. I used to LOVE smoking and with Chantix I don't anymore. Plus I've managed to save almost $350 dollars since stopping.

0 Kudos
chantix

Thank you for your comments. Gives me hope.

0 Kudos