cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dansky98

Any interest in an AMA?

I know places like Reddit do a TON of AMA's ('ask me anything') where they have a celebrity, expert, or anyone with a unique subset of knowledge or a unique experience, and then allow users to ask that individual all kinds of questions.

I used to work in the marketing department of a tobacco and vape retailer. (specifically, I was a designer there.) Would anyone find that helpful/interesting? Would there be an interest in asking about the inner workings of tobacco marketing, etc? I'd be 100% willing to disclose as much info as I can, though I would prefer to not disclose the name of the company I worked for, for legal purposes. 

I worked there for about 2 years (around 2013-2015) and hated almost every second of it. I only took the job because it was the only job i could find in my field right out of college, and I needed it in order to build my portfolio. I learned a lot about the way that industry works and operates- a lot of which is unsurprisingly problematic and/or shady. I'd be willing to do an AMA if anyone is interested?

20 Replies
Giulia

we have to acknowledge that by banning them without having vape specific cessation programs for adults, as well as kids, we have been massively irresponsible.

You've made so many great points in this post.  You sure have thought a lot about it all.  Thank you.