cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Msashlimarie

Anxiety decrease

Hello everyone!  

Was curious to see if anybody else has experienced @anxiety and chose vaping or smoking to release stress, etc.
Even more curious to see if anyone has experienced anxiety after picking up the habit.

In my own life I have realized the single thing I opted to maintain some sense of relief has backfired. Once I vaped for a few weeks consistently, I then understood the consequences. The stress, anxiety and woes immediately appeared quickly after and were heightened by vaping. 

While only vaping consistently for a few months - it began to affect everything in my life. From my health, sleeping habits, and anxiety. Since quitting almost 30 days ago… All aspects of my life have improved significantly.

So incredibly happy to say I have a few days to hit my first 30 days of being vape-free!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

First, congrats on your quit! That's also great to hear that you've felt a decrease in anxiety since quitting. Others may also have that question or worry that quitting might cause side effects. You posting about how it changed you will hopefully help others see that quitting does help some people with reducing stress and anxiety.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
JustinHoot99

I don't have experience w/ vaping so can't help there.  But congrats on quitting and the 30 days!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Msashlimarie Welcome to the Ex.   It may be hard to say if we choose smoking/vaping to relieve stress.   Many of us started when we were younger and may not of even realized that's why we got addicted.  Nicotine actually increases anxiety , but we get an immediate sense of relaxation that's temporary.   I don't remember actually thinking I'm going to smoke to relieve anxiety even though getting that hit of dopamine had that effect.

The exciting thing is that you're celebrating 30 days nicotine free.  That's a fabulous accomplishment.  Glad you stopped by to share your success.  

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Msashlimarie Did you quit smoking last year and then quit vaping this year? Maybe I'm reading into your quit journey too much. 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos