cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mnicolee1

Another newbie!

So where do I start?! I quit smoking for 5 years and here I am quitting again. I see all the benefits from quitting. I had them. But this time it’s been very mental for me. I get bored and start thinking about them then  want a cigarette, I get overwhelmed and want a cigarette, I just smoked a cigarette and tell myself I need another cigarette. Even typing this is making me want a cigarette!  It’s exhausted me. Any support is very much appreciated as just about everyone in my life smokes and don’t plan on ditching them anytime soon. 

12 Replies
karenjones

Hi,  I am like you,  I quit for 5 years and thought I could smoke one cigarette,  ha ha, I was instantly addicted.  And it seemed harder and harder to quit, it took me 4 times this time and I do not want to lose that quit again, because, for me, it got harder and harder to quit.  You do know all the reasons to quit, now you just gotta deal with the deamon nicotine.  Come here any time,  but especially if you feel weak, sad or depressed, or if you want to celebrate your great decision to quit.  We are here for you. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Oooohf, five years smoke free and now back to another beginning.  That's tough.  A lot of us have been there.  I feel for you.

I get bored and start thinking about them then  want a cigarette, I get overwhelmed and want a cigarette, I just smoked a cigarette and tell myself I need another cigarette. Even typing this is making me want a cigarette!

When we smoke, I think EVERYTHING makes us want another one.  But that's simply the addiction talking.  Maybe this video will help:

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s 

I too lost 2 long quits and now at 80 days Free, this is my last quit.  I found the difference this time is the knowledge and preparation I gained at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  I recommend you work that program.  We are addicts and never can just have one...one is no longer an option for me.  Keep close to the site because we are in this together and good place to get and give help.  Now set that Quit Date... ~ Colleen