cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lucywightman

Amount of nicotine in lozenges more than what I smoke

How do you titrate for 5-7 cigarettes a day?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Barbscloud

@Lucywightman Welcome to the Ex.  Someone just wrote the other day that smoked  7 cigarettes a day.  I did a little research and it indicted that  NRT hasn't  proven to help  individuals that smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day.  

"NRT has not yet been proven to help people who smoke fewer than 10 cigarettes a day. But many tobacco treatment centers do use NRT for people who are "light smokers." Talk with your health care provider about a lower dose of NRT if you smoke less than that but feel you need nicotine replacement:. American Cancer Society.

I'm no expert on the subject, so maybe do can do some research and consult with your doctor.  I've seen articles where they don't recommend breaking the lozenges, but some talk about breaking the nicotine gum in half.

Of course that doesn't mean you can't quit.  This link will give you information on steps to take to help with your quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.   And were here to support your every step of the way.  Pick a quit date and join us.  

Barb