cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Am I Wrong?

Am I wrong to decline a date with a smoker?  Part of me feels like a hypocrite.  

So friends what do you think?

39 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I have a few EXtra silly thoughts.  If you just want to go out on a date,  just to go out on a date and not look for a future relationship, set your boundaries. (NO SMOKING!!!!!)  It probably would be no date at all.  lol   js

I wish he didn't smoke!  He is a bit older than me (13 years) but he is a successful business owner.  His house is GORGEOUS!  Last year at his x-mas party, he hired a piano player to play at his house all night, had waiters.  Amazing!!  He offered to let me borrow one of his 4 cars because he knows mine is old and I am driving it to Michigan this month.  He is well off obviously, not bad looking, my height (6'0) but he SMOKES!!!  He has been a client of mine for 15 years.  Oh well. There are other fish in the sea...so I am told.  Hahahaha

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Oh. where at in Michigan!  Do come visit!   

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Have you mentioned to him your concerns about smoking?

0 Kudos

But you're not a smoker. No reason to feel hypocritical just because smoking is something you used to do.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @ Signature 002-1.JPG

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I was gonna' say, "depends on how desperate you are"  But then I remembered this image:

smoker's kiss.jpg

blech - nevermind!

Mandolinrain

I vote this as BEST ANSWER, lol

freeneasy

Me too

0 Kudos

Hahaha.  Yup, not that desperate!  LOL

0 Kudos
elvan

YUCK, I remember dating smokers before I was a smoker (caveman era) and I think I sort of liked the smell...I have completely turned that around.  I don't like to even HUG someone who is a smoker...I just can't stand that smell.  I don't think it's hypocritical at all.