cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SwedishChef

Almost 7 days since quit

Hi folks, I’m new here. My name is Chris. I’m 36. I started smoking about 11 years ago. I’ve tried a few times to quit; Allen Carr workshop, cold turkey, vaping etc... never last more than 3 days before.

But 7 days ago I tried again. I ordered a vape pen for help. My motivation was coming from wanting more physical and spiritual purity.

It has been difficult, but I’m so proud of making it this far. Even though vaping is kind of trading one addiction for another, it’s a good trade in my book. Certainly better than cigarettes.

I haven’t dealt with nicotine cravings because I’m getting it from vaping, but for me, the nicotine withdrawal has always been the easy part - it’s the habits that are hard. It’s hard to know what to do with myself as a non-smoker, but I’ve got so much momentum now and they say the first 2 weeks are the hardest. I’m halfway through that and determined to kick it.

Even though it feels impossible, I believe that I was born a non-smoker, I remember being happy as a non-smoker, and I see so many happy non-smokers daily that I can see that smoking is a lie. I want that freedom for myself, and I want to be free of all the crap that being a smoker entails.

Just sharing my story as it unfolds. I hope I can get support and that I can help others.

Tags (2)
19 Replies
Tanua

WTG Chris!

AnnetteMM

Hello and Welcome!  I used vaping for two months to get ready to quit, as I considered by actual quit date to be when I stopped all nicotine. But everyone's quit is unique and individual. Lots of people do vaping or Chantix or the patch...whatever works! I felt that vaping helped me get rid of the ashtrays, and smell, and lighters, and all the little ways cigarettes ruled my life for 45 years.  I won't lie...stopping the nicotine was tough. But not as horrible as I'd feared. So I get where you're coming from. Keep up the great work, and read all the suggested stuff here!

Giulia

You WERE born a non smoker.  And now you have returned.  Kudos on the 9 days.  Keep going.  You're doing well.  KEEP THAT DETERMINATION!  

anaussiemom

AGREE!   We are born nonsmokers"!   We didnt come into the world needing it.  We dont have to stay in the world using it!!

Mandolinrain

Hi and welcome. Hope you stick around, much support found here and I find it a huge help when our quitting. Congrats on your days WON!

Missy

Mona15

Thanks for sharing! You are on your way.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

A super duper Congratulations on your splendiferous 9 glorious Days WON and counting WTG.....

0 Kudos
Mona15

Congrats on your quit! I can identify with a lot of what you wrote. 

0 Kudos
cat52

Congratulations! I am relatively new hear as well- 2 weeks into my quit. I have had some difficult moments and thought I would give in, but coming to this site and getting support made all the difference. I'm glad you found it and hope to help each other through this journey!!  Cat 52

0 Kudos
Mona15

7 days! That’s wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos