cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mroseforte

Almost 30 days and still fighting depression

I’m just reaching out because I’m tired of the depression I’ve made it almost 30 days and I don’t know how much longer I can hang with this horrific depression ??

Sometimes I think I need to just stop whining and get over it but it’s so strong depression is very tough it messes with your mind 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
elvan

How are you doing?  Is the depression getting any better?  Are you exercising?  Don't let the depression steal your quit...if you need to see a doctor PLEASE do so.

Ellen

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Hi there. Very brave of you to reach out and it's a first step. 

Talk to your doctor. You may need medication to get over this hump or to talk to a counselor.

I self-medicated with pot for decades (many moons ago!) and finally started taking antidepressants in my 40s. My life totally changed. I did several medication trials before settling on one with no side effects. I take a very small dose. If you are suffering from depression, know that it can be helped. If it's situational due to the quit, counseling can help a lot! 

Congrats on the 30 days. Do know you're doing the right thing and that if you start to smoke again, you'll have the same feelings compounded by the restarting of the habit you worked so hard to quit.

Donna

Barbscloud

There's some interesting information out there about smoking and depression.   Smokers are more likely to have depression than non-smokers. Nobody knows for sure why this is. People who have depression might smoke to feel better. Or smokers might get depression more easily because they smoke.