cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kristih78

Almost 1 year

So excited to have my 1 year anniversary of not smoking coming up here soon, it's an amazing accomplishment.  Smoking took over my life ,I was constantly asking myself ,do I have ciggerette,  where is the closest store, can I smoke in this person or that persons car, maybe I shouldn't go for this or that trip because I cant smoke ??????? My life revolved around ciggerettes, it was a evil circle that never ended until feburary 15th 2018, the day I decided it was enough. My entire family were smokers ,mom dad ,sisters , my grown kids and my partner in life . We all smoked!!!!  Most of my family members have quit smoking along with me so it's made a big difference. It wasnt always easy.  I was emotionally tired ,I gained 50 pounds, I was depressed and upset but decided that I needed to do something, so 6 months ago I joined the ketogenic community I'm now a ketoer, I have lost 23 pounds and focusing on losing weight . I can breath better,no more squeaky breathing,  I can taste better, my BP has gone back to normal ,my pulse went from 115 to a 67. I no longer worry about what ciggerettes are doing to my body ,I have less of chance of heart attack and stroke , I know I reduced my chances of cancer and blood clots.  I do not have cravings any longer and my life is back on track. Congrats to all who have embarked on this journey ,its gonna be a bumpy ride but it will also be an amazing one!!!!!!

13 Replies
Strudel

Congrats to you! 

Barb102

So happy for you!!

B1672B82-D6A3-41FC-A35B-8C2576C23846.gif

Giulia

I hope as an Elder you will hang around a bit to offer support on a more regular basis.  Those in the beginning stages of this journey so need it.  This statement of yours is so helpful:

Smoking took over my life ,I was constantly asking myself ,do I have ciggerette,  where is the closest store, can I smoke in this person or that persons car, maybe I shouldn't go for this or that trip because I cant smoke ??????? My life revolved around ciggerettes,

Our lives do indeed revolve around cigarettes as a smoker.  I'm so glad you've seen the "light" of that truth and this addiction, and that you've conquered it.  For the moment - anyway.  I think for all of us smoking addicts, it can become a moment-by-moment thing under duress.  No matter how many days or years we have under our belts.  And that's why we need to keep our quit kits polished and maintain periodic maintenance.  

Stay forever free!

sweetplt

All the amazing things you are doing since quitting almost one year ago, is so inspiring.  Thank you for sharing and giving hope to so many of us early Quitters.  You Rock, Congratulations...