cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missmagdalene

Ah! Day One.

Today's my first day back at the Ex Community since I last tried to stop smoking (a little over a year ago). Although that attempt wasn't successful, I'm sooooo ready to try again and put the death nail in this habit. And although today's not technically my quit day, it is the first day that I'm making an active attempt to quit smoking - by posting here, setting up a quit plan, etc. I'm glad becomeanex.org exists. It's so important to have a community of people to stay in touch with, especially when almost all of my friends are smokers.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
newlife22

Well today would be my first day even thinking about quitting so to be at the point of return good for you!!. I really hate the smell of smoke but continue smoking, it's what I've known since I was 15 years old. To stop smoking will be a life altering event for me, in a bad way because I have yet to function as an adult without smoking. I am 29 currently so it's scary to even think about it. I'm really happy that this website exists. I live with a nonsmoker and 2 kids. I feel foreign even in my home. It's a horrible habit and is very important to me to get rid of it. Good job finally deciding. I'm soon to follow. Good luck Missmgadalene.

0 Kudos
missmagdalene

Good luck to you too, newlife22!! I firmly believe that we can help one another. I'm 30 and have been smoking off and on since I was 15, too. I realize that when I initially joined BecomeAnEx a while back that I didn't utilize the forums at all because I thought I could just read what I needed to do and that would be enough. The more info that I read about habit formation, the more I see that having an active support community is vital to change. We can lean on each other and also learn from each others' experiences. Let's do this!

0 Kudos
mouglygirl

gud luk missmagdalene.  

wish you the strength to succeed..

personally i have been trying for the past 2 years in vain.  guess it takes more than desire.  the worst thing i hate about smoking is the habit and only reason i want to quit is because this is the only thing which i want to do but cannot do...  I have again postponed my quit date blaming my current job situation.. but i guess i am trying to find excuses.

I wish you luck and better success!

0 Kudos