cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

suey

After effects of ex-smokers

I am not bothered by smokers except if they try not to smoke in front of me. I have removed no ashtrays from my home and do not plan to do so.
The bottom line to stopping smoking comes from the head, mine or yours. I stopped after one and a half packs for some 40 years - when hospItalized for an infection and was in the intensive care unit for five days etc. I was told I could kiss an oxygen tank for the rest of my life or quit. I quit on 10 Feb, I was drugged with 12 medications in the beginning to stop smoking. When my friends realized what was happening they took me to another doctor who took all medications except for two away. Then I went to hypnosis. That's when I saw you can take all the gum, patches, pills et al you want but the bottom line comes from your head and no where else.
Then there comes the craving for a cigarette (in my dreams I am always smoking), depression, hunger attacks and weight gain.
You don't make money quitting if you seek local assistance. Everyone in the profession of quitting smoking has his hand out waiting for you to visit them. You need new clothes every period of weight gains from summer to winter.
You do find out who your friends are for when you explode then you can see if they are superficial or for real. I guess that has saved me some money for I do not have to invite Ana or Gaby to my house anymore in spite of a 6 year 'friendship' they have not resisted my ups and downs in temperament.
What I most want is to find tools to get out of the depression stage, to want to get up in the morning, to start working with enthusiasm again. I have been from one type of doctor to another but it all boils down to convincing my head. Neither they nor their medications can do it. My question is how can I do it myself?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies