Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cindylegato

After 11 days

Still braindead and angry 

19 Replies
Giulia

Yes, but smoke-free.  Come on, repeat after me:  "I am here because I want to be free.  I accept the journey - no matter what.  I can do this.  I WILL do this."  Then put on a funny hat, stand in front of the mirror and stick your tongue out at yourself.  It won't be this bad forever.

Big hurrah on your 11 days!  You've worked hard for it.  Don't let it go.

Strudel

Congrats on 11 days! It takes time....but, you will feel better! I promise! Stay close - you can do this! 

anaussiemom

49408037_2392801434125512_613654928568614912_n.jpg

Cindylegato   Congratulations!!

YoungAtHeart

Hang in there!  It WILL get easier, I promise.  If not, I would not still be smoke free after 6 1/2 years!

Nancy

Barbara145

Congrats on 11 days.   The beginning of a quit sucks. You are doing this. It gets so good you won't believe it.  Hang in there. 

Cindylegato

Thanks. That helps.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 6:55 PM Barbara145 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org

shashort

Congrats on 11 days of being free.  It gets better with time.  It is so nice not to have to leave a party and fun to go get a fix and miss everything. Take it day at a time. Be sure to stay close to us and holler help if you need it.  We are in this together. Onward to day 12!!!

Mandolinrain

Hang on...it gets better. I know this beginning part os horrible but if your sincerely want to quit and I think you do, you will have to go through it. So now you have 11 days in....thats awesome. The worst is near over and you sure do not want to go into day one again, right?

Dig your heels in and stand up for you. Read blogs, get busy ,BREATH in and out SLOW. Try some Vicks Vapor rub under your nose. It killed my craves. I even went as far as buying a Vicks inhaler so I didn't smell like Vicks all the time. It truly helped decrease intensity of craves for me. We are here for you

jconfusion

I wont tell that quit smoking will be easy but it is so worth it you are worth it, I used Nicorette gum for three months to help with the withdraw and used the third month to ween myself off the gum.  You don't know how strong you are until you've tried!  good luck and congrats on the 11 days dear! you got this!

0 Kudos