Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Affirmations for the relapsed!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the
end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"-- Author Unknown

Tags (1)
53 Replies

“Nothing in the world is more flexible and yielding than water. Yet when it attacks the firm and the strong, none can withstand it, because they have no way to change it. So the flexible overcome the adamant, the yielding overcome the forceful. Everyone knows this, but no one can do it.”

Lao Tzu

“Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.”

George Carlin

“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher...or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”

Douglas Adams

0 Kudos

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.  -Mark Twain

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. -Anatole France

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. -Rabindranath Tagore

0 Kudos

This may not be exactly what you mean but its something I say A LOT! People may have seen it on the bottom of the train or at the bottom of my blogs and comments. It helps me anyways.

"NOT ONE HIT SINCE THE DAY I QUIT!"

My son made it up in the beginning of my quit and I love it! I can honestly say that is true! NNOT ONE SINGLE HIT! NOPE, NO WAY!

0 Kudos
reed4

Courage is standing back up after being brought to your knees and DEMANDING "One More Round ! "

0 Kudos

Pain is temporary, pride is forever. Anonymous

0 Kudos

I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh
try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere
behind the morning. J.B. Priestlet (1894-1984) English Author

0 Kudos
mehlisue

"Worry is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.  If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained."    Arthur Somers Rache

0 Kudos
mehlisue

“I close my eyes in order to see.”
   Paul Gauguin, Post-Impressionist Painter
0 Kudos
Leeza

"Every moment is a new beginning for me"  ~~ Louise Hay

0 Kudos

I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.  Thomas Paine 

0 Kudos