cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

ANOTHER WTH

After reading Jennifer-Quit (I hope you don't mind Jennifer)   I thought I would add another The Ohio Governor yesterday afternoon ordered bars in Ohio to close at 9pm last night. I went out around 8 last night to get gas as Joyce had a early doctors appointment. I drove by 3 different bars on the way back and every bar was filled to where doors were open and bar patrons were standing outside Instead of being worried about the virus it seems as if they made a party out of it.  WHY

I wonder if I was 40 plus years younger how or what I would have done.        I'm happy my sons take it serious

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

They CLEARLY haven't gotten the message that they can (and might) infect a youngster in chemo for cancer, or their grandma, or their Mom or Dad, or aunt or uncle, or neighbor.  I have even been reading on Twitter of younger people becoming seriously ill from the virus. 

I DO remember feeling invincible as a young'un - but I hope I wasn't also stupid (but may have been - idk!)

I think the young people are only hearing the Coronavirus only affects the elderly and those with underlying conditions. I also think, like smoking and cancer, they are thinking it won’t happen to me. 

Jennifer-Quit

Don't mind at all Cousin-Itt‌.  I was scolded by my boss today for having a bad attitude - was told that no one wants to be around me - lol - I got news for him - I don't really want to be around anyone any way....

Cousin-Itt

This may sound a little strange but right now I'm thrilled Joyce had her operation when she did Otherwise she would be downtown working in a busy office building

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Happy she got it done BEFORE the influx or virus patients, too!

Christine13

Yes, happy she had it done too!

ShawnP

the bar by us tonight was jam packed!!! i was under the impression that you can only carry out food. That wasn't the case tonight at all. Granted its st pattys day but, didn't MIke Dewine state something about bars being able to send back their extra liquor that they purchased?

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Hi Shawn  The State of Ohio has a buy back for liquor.  The bar was illegally opened St. Pats Day.   All Ohio bars were ordered to be closed / shut down Sunday 9pm

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You might call the Governor's Office today to find out where to report them - especially if they continue to operate.  It is irresponsible.

0 Kudos