cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pmt

ALMOST HAD AN OH SHIT!

Today is day 46, and starting yesterday after receiving my mail through this mornings *** problems and more problems just moments ago discovering standing water beneath my washer and dryer.   Earlier today there was water on the kitchen floor coming from the direction of the dish washer.   The dish washer gets used maybe once a month,  It was about 2 weeks ago when last used. Which has not been resolved either, but I did turn off the water going to the dishwasher and washing machine.

I know why this is such an issue with me, that dang Nico Devil is messen' with me, these problems are fixable.   One big problem that I received in yesterdays mail was from my homeowners insurance co. telling me I need to remove trees from my property or else.  Many people in rural areas of Northern CA have just flat had their homeowners insurance not renew.   I personally know several in my community that have had this happen.  Also some of my friends that have homes that border the National Forest have received insurance premiums of $7,000/yr. for their $250,000 home.  My policy did increase $400 last year. 

I was given a chance, guidelines to follow in order to be insured.  Trees and vegetation within 100' of a building must be spaced at least 20' apart.  I've been living at this location for 18 years and have removed 31 small pine trees myself, selectively picking them to maintain my seclusion and have hired a tree service to remove 5 that were too big and too close to the house for me to even think about falling.   So, back to the required guidelines, this morning with boyfriend by my side, 100' tape and 2 can of spray paint in hand we began.  When done we had marked 52 trees that required removing.  So sad, not all of these trees are a threat, but I have to have insurance!   I believe with boy friends help we will be able to fall 'and clean up most of the trees on he back side of the property,  25 or so the rest will be hired out.  Because of my house location and fencing the trees will need to be climbed and taken down in sections.  I could be looking at a $10,000 +- price tag.  Dang!  I typed "Dang instead of * * * * , cuz I was able to come here and unload on you folks!  Thank you!   What timing, I do believe I am in KNOW MANS LAND!!!   I came so close to heading up to the gas station for a pack. I was in tears I'd had it!!!   Ralph said you've done so well, don't go, get on the computer with your group.   I'm not even gonna proof read this, it's going out to you as is>  Just being here doing this, knowing someone is out there has gotten me over the big challenge I think.  Now I'll just get though this last bit of tears and I'll pick up my pieces and carry on!  THANK YOU EX FRIENDS!!

pmt

29 Replies
SuzyQ411

WOW pmt‌..as they say if it doesn't rain, it pours (or something like that). You surely got hit with a lot all at once! And you didn't smoke..what wonderful news! I would sure hate to see you have to go back to day #1 and start all over. I know from experience that route is not an easy one!

I am truly thankful for that supportive, helpful and caring boyfriend of yours!!

And I am so proud of you for not having to say an Oh ****!  

You stuck to your guns with your commitment to your quit. 

Congrats on Day 46!!

0 Kudos
Christine13

Wow, what dreadful news.  Thank God you didn't smoke, and you have a wonderful man, who helped you through!

46 days is awesome!!

0 Kudos
pmt

Thank you Christine.....and now day 49 🙂

0 Kudos
elvan

Wow, what a bunch of things piled on all at once.  I am really sorry,  I am also really proud of you for not smoking, your quit is so young and tender right now but just look at how well you have done.  Smoking would not have helped, it would certainly have been very hard to reclaim your quit.  I am glad you came here and vented and I hope that it helped.

Ellen

pmt

Thank you Ellen.  I appreciate every ones support!!

Rallyqueen917

You have done the right thing and something that I do as well.  Anytime I’m feeling the stress or fear and think I might give in I would come here and unload. I always found support and strength. Giving up just wasn’t an option.  Soon your first thoughts in a stressful situation will not be running to the store but how to take charge and overcome. 

pmt

Thank you.. thank you  🙂

SuzyQ411

Bless you pmt‌ and kudos for remaining smoke-free through all of this~ Suzy

0 Kudos
pmt

AWH, thank you so much!

pmt

YoungAtHeart

Have you checked to see if there is someone who can bring a milling machine to your property?  I never knew such a thing existed, but a friend had a huge old oak that had died taken down, and found a young man who had a portable sawmill!  He came to the house,and my friend ended up with several hundred 10' quartersawn oak boards.  You could probably find someone to buy them at that point.  They fetch a huge sum because they are cut with the grain - and most commercial mills don't want to waste the outside curves, so don't cut them that way.  They are a premium cut.  

Just a thought!

I know it breaks your heart!  Glad you are moving to acceptance that it needs to be done.   Happier still that you aren't smoking over it!

Nancy