cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

A Pregnant Pause

Pregnant Smoker.jpg

For all you pregnant smokers out there. Just a little something for you to think about before you light the next cigarette.  (More worried about the effects of jackhammers than smoking on her unborn, uh huh.)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Giulia

"We are responsible for our own actions" oh yeah. 100% responsible.
0 Kudos
babs77

Unbelievable isn't it?
And here the link directly to the story on snopes: http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/pregnant.asp
0 Kudos
doreen1

Photobucket...Photobucket...Photobucket...Photobucket
Photobucket...Photobucket
Photobucket.........I WANT TO LIVE!!!
0 Kudos
becky16

Isn't it great that we are making our own choices now? We've cut off the addiciton and we are in control of the choices we make from here on out.

AREN'T WE POWERFULL?
0 Kudos
she

I would not suggest smoking while pregnant or any other time but I think a lot of it unfortunately is dumb luck. My parents both smoked, my Mother through all five pregnancies and we were all perfectly healthy. I remember being in the car with the windows rolled up and both of them smoking....all the time. They smoked in the house, my mother was a chain smoker.

Luckily they both quit eventually but not before they passed the nasty habit on to me and my two sisters. Neither of my brothers ever smoked beyond just trying it for some reason.

I quit smoking before having my first two children. With the first I didn't even take an aspirin yet he was born early at 5lb15oz and had tons of ear infections for the first year. My second was incredibly healthy and never had an ear infection in his life!

I started smoking again and got pregnant and was unable to quit although I did cut back a lot. The third child was born small also at 5lb14oz and had asthma during the first year but no ear infections. Seems to be perfectly healthy now at age 11 though.

So from my experience it seemed to be a toss up but I would caution anyone pregnant or considering to become pregnant to quit ASAP! Even if your baby is born perfectly healthy you will live with guilt and regret forever about smoking during pregnancy!
0 Kudos