cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bvaux34

A New Chapter

Today is my quit date. Yesterday at 5 pm was the last time. I am super excited to be doing this but also scared and nervous. My husband is doing it too, although not as happy about it as I am. He says he deals better with it by not talking about it, so I can't talk about it. I found this site and hopefully can find some people on here to talk about it with. 

15 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats!  Don't forget to Stop Smoking | Set Your Date to Quit Smoking: BecomeAnEX ! If  you log out and then back it will sync over to the community and then show you stats in your My Quit Stats. Be sure to fill out in your community profile how many you smoked on average when you were still focusing so it can calculate how many you are avoiding.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

You're husband doesn't want to talk about it?  Well you just hang out with us.  WE TALK ABOUT IT ALL DAY LONG!!!  The good, the bad, the ugly.  The fun, the funny, the sad, the frowny, the glad, the mad, the longing and belonging.  This is the place where you can let it all out and feel comfortable knowing that others here share your experience.  There are certain universal truths in the process and then there are our individual journeys.  It is an empowering experience if you want it to be.  One of personal growth, and wisdom gaining.  It is not easy, this rite of passage.  But you will never regret the sometimes necessary sacrifices.  YOU make your journey with your attitude.  Allow the possible.  And don't be afraid.  You've got a whole bunch of people here on your team walking the walk, in all stages, with you.  Glad you found us.  Chin up and have heart!

MarilynH

Welcome to the site, we're all here for you and your precious quit, stick close and know that you can and will be successful one precious smoke free day at a time or one hour, minute or even one second at a time but keep moving forward in your journey to living a life of smoke free living. 

0 Kudos
bvaux34

First week down! Think I am doing good. Have the feeling I am forgetting or missing something a lot, but other than that it seems to be going really well! 

0 Kudos
ChangoGrande

Congratulations on one week smoke-free, bvaux34‌!

The disorientation is normal and starts going away in the second week.  I was just there a couple of weeks ago, so I can testify!

Eric

elvan

bvaux34  CONGRATULATIONS!  I am so happy for you, it WILL get easier!

Ellen