cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Susan57

9 years today

9 years ago today I stopped smoking and this is the best move I ever made. Never thought I could do it but I did. For 45 years, give or take a few years, I smoked. Beginning this nasty habit when I was very young and not knowing what it was life like without smoking, life consisted of matches or lighters, ash trays, cigarettes, and finding a place to smoke. When the time came to stop I remember what others said that you’ll always think about smoking, well that’s not true. At this time of my life I never think about smoking especially after seeing a sign $8.36 for a pack of cigarettes! 

I stopped Cold Turkey, this was not easy for me, I would eat Pasta and anything that I wanted. After a while I found I packed on 10 lbs and just taken that off. What I first sensed after a few weeks is my skin became more sensitive. Feeling much better about myself I know that I will never smoke, not even a puff. So, much success with your quit, if I can do it so can you. S. Sweet

18 Replies
Giulia

SWEET!!!

Water9.gif

Mandolinrain

Congrats to you!

MarilynH

A super duper Congratulations on your 9 glorious years of Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON. Susan57

done

Congrats I will have nine years in November

Deena-A-Yenni

CONGRATULATIONS!!

KTQeeyore

Congratulations on 9 years smoke free Susan! 

b1478fad336560674089bd1e43ed8def.gif

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Congratulations on 9 years of Freedom!!!

0 Kudos
Gnoble

9 Amazing (YOF) smoke free years -wow! And thank you for coming to the boards to continue to support us newbies! 10 DOF

I haven't smoked a cigarette in10days.jpeg

elvan

Gnoble CONGRATULATIONS on DOUBLE DIGITS of freedom!!!!

Ellen

0 Kudos