cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ecamp20102

9 days in, my second longest quit ev⁰er. ... can i have a no inhale cigar?

I have failed to quit so many times because i thought i could have 1 more joe. I know thats not possible now..... but can i enter a family situation where no inhale cigar is customary and it would be rude not to participate, or should i be real rude and not show up

23 Replies
Tanua

Hi and congrats! Way to go! I agree with the comments here. I think that people should understand however they are not where we are. I think it depends on how strong you are in your quit stage. For me it would have been a no. Now I’m strong enough. I think it compares also to someone quitting drinking. If you quit drinking and go to a drinking party 2 weeks in-Are you strong enough to handle it? Remember your triggers are still very frequent at this stage. Hope all goes well and if you feel like taking a puff be sure to come to the site or send an email letting someone know so you can get backup strength so you won’t slip. Happy 4th everyone! Tanuaj 64 DOF 

Kkplayhouse

I don't think explaining to anyone your choice to be healthy would be a bad thing. Protect your quit you've already been through the hell of quitting...why have to go through it again.

mercury87436

In my opinion, it would be rude of your family to be offended by you not partaking in something that is bad for your health. Your quit is for you, and it's okay to take a break from people that don't want to be supportive one way or another. The cigar might be customary, but habitual smoking was customary for you, too! Thanks for posting! Hope we could help and that your quit is going great!

elvan

Congratulations on your quit...value it, protect it, put it before anything else, it is the only way it will survive.  Ask your family to support your quit and to try to understand what a powerful addiction nicotine is.  

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos