cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kindofodd

80 days

I’ve been a bit absent from here the past week or so. It’s not because I fell off the wagon. Just busy and disgruntled. 80 days in today and it’s a rough one. Cravings started back up yesterday and today they're kicking my &%%. They have definitely grown farther apart over time but man, when they hit they still hit hard.
Almost smoked tonight. Almost stole one from the boyfriend. Almost had a piece of nicotine gum instead (which I’ve been off of for 3 weeks now). Decided on regular gum instead. Came here instead. Guess I’ll go to bed.
Tomorrow will be easier. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
maryfreecig

Almost...but you didn't. You worked your quit and this is the way it goes sometimes. You did good. Keep it coming.

TriGirl

You did exactly what you needed to! Doesn't it feel good to fight and WIN? I'm at 200 days today. Most days are fine but every once in awhile, I feel like I just don't know what to do with myself. Those are the days I know I have to push my recovery to the forefront. I have to protect the quit over all else. I go back to the things that worked in the beginning-- mainly deep breathing and distraction. I pick an activity and go for it. As soon as I get involved in something else, I broke the thought pattern that used to make me light up. (Usually something to the effect of f- it! Does it really matter anyway???)

Keep doing exactly what you are doing.